tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery

darleen -> tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 5:06:59 PM)

Hi, I would appreciate some tips on finishing off the inside of fabric baby shoes, the sole area.
to hide the sole seam. Those who make them, do you cut a sole liner smaller than the outer sole, then do you
glue that in, or do you cut two inner soles and bond them together then glue them in, or do
you use cardboard in between the two inner soles to make them a little stable then glue in.
Any tips would be appreciated, as I like them neat. Thanks ladies

Grammie -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 5:08:22 PM)

Darleen...I have used the fleeced felt in the past - makes a nice sturdy & soft sole for baby shoes.

darleen -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 5:10:29 PM)

Grammie thank you, do you glue them in or just sit them inside

Grammie -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 5:42:31 PM)

I used the fleecy felt as the sole - cut it out and sewed it in.

gillie -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 7:10:19 PM)

When I made them from ultra suede, I made the lining out of batiste, same size and turned under the edges and sewed them in. I believe, I turned the shoes inside out, at least the fronts. I caught the stitches I made in the machine stitches, if you get what I mean.

ShirleyCalgary -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/20/2017 8:50:05 PM)

I used some fleece type stuff that was like moleskin but antique white for the in the hoop baby shoes

msteur -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/21/2017 12:05:38 AM)

I buy the cheapest soles in the biggist size. they are very thin. ( you know for when you have cold feets or so)..........cut them out for the inside of the babyshoes and glue them

msteur -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/21/2017 12:07:43 AM)

like this
http://www.adverts.ie/women-s-shoes/8-pairs-of-scented-insoles-size-5/1914529

Linda S. -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/21/2017 8:14:00 AM)

It's been eons since I've made baby shoes, but seem to remember using a real stiff stabilizer....
I have some and can't remember the name of it now. That's what I use for adult slippers. It's
as stiff as cardboard, but unlike cardboard it won't form permanent creases. I would be afraid
cardboard might break down over time, and especially if the shoe is ever washed.

darleen -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/21/2017 5:18:33 PM)

OK THANK YOU LADIES. MY PROBLEM MAY BE THAT I HAVE THE INSIDE SOLE SEAM TOO WIDE. I WILL CUT IT BACK THEN ZIG ZAG TO SEE HOW MY LINING FITS. THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS.

taylorwilson -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (3/29/2017 3:09:40 AM)

I have one year old daughter & I just have to ask at what age should babies start wearing shoes or kinds of shoes?

LydiaLoftis -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (4/10/2017 6:19:17 AM)

I am looking for ideas to present a birthday gift for my little cousin sister. She like to wear colorful shoes matching with her dress. I decided to buy a pair of fabric baby shoes for her.

EdnaBaron -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (4/11/2017 4:54:25 AM)

I have no idea about the making of fabric baby shoes. But I got some vague ideas from your post and I have interest to learn about its making and all.

florencewillburn -> RE: tips on inner soles in fabric baby shoes (4/15/2017 5:44:52 AM)

Last week I watched a video related to the fabric shoe making. It is very cute one and I think each step is so simple. I don't try it yet because I don't get enough time for it. If anyone have interest to it, don't waste your talent try to make it now itself.

Page: [1]

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy