Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting

sdotson -> Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/2/2018 2:13:25 AM)

I remember years ago watching one of Martha's Sewing room shows about using yarn or small cording in the fold so you could use a piping foot to neatly make it look like piping when you machine stitched the completed binding.
I've been searching the store for the class and can't find it.

Does anyone know which show or video it was included in?

Thanks, Suzanne

caaguirre -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/2/2018 8:56:57 PM)

There are lots of videos on YouTube, some use a flange as faux piping, some use real piping but the technique is the same. Google "piping in quilt binding" to see what's available. Good luck!

sdotson -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/3/2018 11:50:33 AM)

Thank you so much. I will check it out

sdotson -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/7/2018 10:20:30 PM)

W
Have watched so many YouTube videos... still Martha's method not found. Think I'll be checking out the library looking thru binding books. Hopefully I can find her method.
Anyone have a favorite binding method book?
Thanks Suzanne

Linda S. -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/13/2018 2:28:12 PM)

I just did a google search using the key words 'faux piping quilt binding' and quite a few
hits came up. I'm not sure which one you're looking for, but maybe you would recognize
it if you did this search?

Also, do the search under youtube videos. There are tons of great ones on sewing and
everything else one might need to know. I can't figure out why people make all these
videos, but am sure glad they do!!! My husband just repaired my old Janome 8000 using
you tube videos....it's amazing! Best of luck to you!

sdotson -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/13/2018 7:53:28 PM)

Thanks Linda, that was one of the searches I tried. Watched all those videos and more. I was surprised at all the different hints and tips. The one I liked best for regular machine binding was Clare Rowley's
https://youtu.be/BFHbIvwXr1s
Lots of great hint & tips
Thanks, Suzanne

caaguirre -> RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping (2/13/2018 9:53:15 PM)

Thank you so much for the link to Clare Rowley's video, I used to enjoy seeing her at various local sewing shows, bought the Creative Feet and a wonderful thread stand from her too. Did you notice her machine? She always had the most beautiful custom painted machines for her demonstrations and I see she is still carrying on that tradition. Her video contained some information that I hadn't seen before and some of those techniques I'll use the next time I bind anything.

Page: [1]

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy