fabulous on-line class (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Smocking

Janice -> fabulous on-line class (5/10/2018 8:56:49 PM)

There is a wonderful learning opportunity available right now for beginners to experienced smockers. Maggie Bunch is once again offering her Ode to Joy dress class on-line, starting May 18, but you have to sign up ASAP as there are only a few places left. Maggie offers some unique techniques and tips as she coves everything from border fabric selection, pleating and constructing this adorable dress. She even offers pleated fabric kits for those who do not have a pleater. I took the class once and made up two darling dresses, but I didn't download the lesson files and made a lot of unnecessary mistakes, so I am repeating the class. For $30 you get hand-held instruction with Maggie ready to answer any question almost any time.This class was taught at Sewing at the Beach. I give this my highest recommendation. This is my first Ode to Joy dress, not perfect but the next one will be better. Find Maggie Bunch on facebookor e-mail maggiebsmocks@gmail.com This photo is my first Ode to Joy dress. My granddaughter loves it.

[image]local://814/D84124D77D844918B71CBDAFEEEAB90A.jpg[/image]

Linda S. -> RE: fabulous on-line class (5/12/2018 10:58:52 AM)

Janice, I don't have anyone to smock for these days or I'd take the class. Thanks for sharing the info!

Your dress is sooooo beautiful. You always seem to pick the coolest fabrics and combinations! I think you
should teach a class on that : )

caaguirre -> RE: fabulous on-line class (5/14/2018 9:18:41 PM)

Beautiful dress, I'd like to take a class from Maggie B someday, she's so talented.

Janice -> RE: fabulous on-line class (5/14/2018 9:56:17 PM)

She is talented in both design and teaching. Recently, she offered an on-line bishop class and teaches in various venues across the country, including highly acclaimed Sewing at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. I hope you get a chance to take one of her classes.

Janice -> RE: fabulous on-line class (5/14/2018 10:00:13 PM)

Linda, thanks for your kind remarks. My fabric choice was inspired by an identical dress that one of her Ode to Joy class students posted on-line. She had been in Maggie first Ode to Joy class. II purchased the fabric that day from Fabric.com and signed up for the next class. So I can take no credit for this great fabric combo. But I absolutely love it. I'm glad you do to.

Page: [1]

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy