OT - gail Doane School (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery

Grammie -> OT - gail Doane School (10/3/2018 8:10:05 PM)

I Posted in the "Schools" thread but nobody ever goes there! So...any help for someone going to Nashville (Children's Corner) for the first time? I will be at Gail's school in April, 2019. Which hotel do Ii use? Stay near the airport which is close to the store or stay further afield where it might be quieter? I appreciate any help/insights.

Fancy Stitches -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/4/2018 6:43:15 PM)

How wonderful, Grammie. I'd love to just visit Children's Corner, let alone take a Gail Doane class!! Yumm!! Have you thought about asking the sweet ladies at CC about where you should stay? The airport hotel (and maybe some others) may provide transportation that would be convenient.

Barbara

Grammie -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/10/2018 4:50:06 PM)

I am thrilled, Barbara...I've wanted to take one of Gail's classes for years - usually they sell out before I even hear about them! I did ask at CC but they recommended a hotel area quite some distance from the shop. I'll probably need to rent a car anyway so perhaps that is the route I'll go. I've asked my sister to consider going with me - she lives in Indianapolis - if she does go we will drive from Indy to Nashville so won't need the rental car. One small saving! LOL

Linda S. -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/11/2018 11:44:23 AM)

Wonderful Grammie! What class will you be taking? No tips from me either but I'm
sure happy for you!

Grammie -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/11/2018 12:13:45 PM)

We will be stitching a Smocked A-line dress with crochet trim...except I cannot crochet! My mother tried to teach me many times and I always forgot by the next day. I can knit - my sister can crochet! Anyway, that dress is scheduled for 2 days and we don't yet know what we will do the next 3 days - hopefully something I can use! I decided to go for it - whatever Gail does is lovely.

I'll post photos once I'm home - of all the UFOs I'm sure! LOL

gillie -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/13/2018 8:20:46 PM)

Grammie what a wonderful trip. How about asking on the Classic Sewing Magazine Facebook group.

Grammie -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/13/2018 8:33:56 PM)

Thanks, Gillie...but I am not on Facebook - nor do I want to be. That site just makes me uncomfortable. I use my computer for many things and enjoy it, but Facebook strikes me as a huge time-waster. I watch my children & grandchildren just glued to that site - I simply don't have the time. Maybe I'll try e-mailing Gail herself!

MoDo -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/13/2018 11:11:25 PM)

You are correct, Grammie!! Facebook is a time-vacuum!! It's too late for me!! SAVE YOURSELF!!! [:o]

gillie -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/14/2018 8:26:37 AM)

I use Facebook just like I use this site. I just check the few groups I belong to. I do not post pictures are follow anyone just a few special groups. I find it no different than coming here. I didn't have a mobile phone till last year when my daughters insisted I get one. I find that great now and have learned to text. With the grands away at college and Sarah is in Australia for a semester it is wonderful to be in touch.

Nananeva -> RE: OT - gail Doane School (10/14/2018 1:12:51 PM)

Like Gillie, I use Facebook just like I use this site. I check the groups I belong to, and keep in touch with friends and family we rarely get to see in person. I especially like being able to post - or even copy - photos on Fb, which I was never able to do on this forum. [:)][:D][:D]

Page: [1]

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy