delmarva -> Sewing at 2 a.m. (11/25/2012 5:53:22 PM)
I found this while looking for something else: And she is not alone in #7.
Date: 03-21-08 10:34
This was given to me years ago by our Am.Sewing Guild leader, and it makes me laugh every time I run across it.
THOUGHTS ON SEWING AT 2am
1. I hate hemming.
2. Satan lives in my bobbin winder.
3. I need a serger
4. Don't use red chalk to draw the pattern on white fabric when you need the garment the next day.
5. The more you try to fix the hem, the more you will screw it up.
6. If the neck hole was a too little the first time, only cut a little bit off at a time. There is no going back. I now have an off-the-shoulder under tunic.
7. If you are trying on the garment you are sewing -- over and over to get the right fit, its easier just to sew naked. Someone please tell me I'm not alone in this.
8. The first time you sew it together use a big stitch. They're easier to pull out.
9. Trying to convince yourself that no one will notice that the sleeves are two different lengths gets easier as the night goes on.
10. They play really crappy music on the radio at 2:00 AM.
11. Ignore the "Buy 1 more yard that you think you'll need" rule. Replace it with "Buy 7 more yards than you think you'll need" rule.
12. Get $1/yard fabric. Then you won't swear at yourself so much.
13. You can see a black bra through $1/yard white cotton.
14. You can see a white bra through $1/yard white cotton.
15. You can see you're not wearing a bra through $1/yard white cotton.
16. The warning on cold medicine that says you shouldn't operate heavy machinery while on this drug should state sewing machines specifically.
17. If you're going to be trying on something that's pinned, and have to pull it over your head, remember to wear protective eye gear.
18. The numbers on my tape measure move. They must. I've measured
3 times and its still not working.
19. You really do have to match plaids or your butt looks funny.
20. At 4:00 AM having the garment too big sounds perfectly acceptable.
21. No matter how far in advance you start sewing your garment you will be finishing it at 2:00 AM the night before the event.
22. No matter what you learned from your last 2:00 AM sewathon, you're gonna do it all again.