Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

2017 Sewing at the Beach

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Schools & Events >> 2017 Sewing at the Beach Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2017 Sewing at the Beach - 7/16/2016 11:56:44 AM   
Grammie

Anyone planning to go? I am hoping to make it this year.

www.sewingatthebeach.com

If someone has gone before, any recommendations on room location at the Hilton?

< Message edited by Grammie -- 7/18/2016 11:52:04 AM >

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!
Post #: 1
RE: 2017 Sewing at the Beach - 7/19/2016 2:56:47 PM   
JR

I would love to go but I had would have to rent a machine. Not sure that is possible!!

JR

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 2
RE: 2017 Sewing at the Beach - 8/1/2016 3:00:01 PM   
Seabean

Wow...classes are full already! Lucy you Grammie! I've heard girls talk about this over the years...they all seemed to love it an have a great time.
There was be a web site too called Sewing on the Beach...neat stuff...I think that's who started the event a long time ago.

Here...I found it on the "way back" internet machine...she did cruises too...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030804200800/http://www.sewingonthebeach.com/

< Message edited by Seabean -- 8/1/2016 3:16:52 PM >

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 3
RE: 2017 Sewing at the Beach - 8/21/2016 9:20:02 AM   
KathyD

Sewing at the Beach was started by the SAGA guild in the area. It has grown over the years, just by word of mouth. The guild that organizes this event works on it all year long to keep expenses down for everyone that attends. With the end of SOAF, they grew quite a bit. SATB has the "feel" of SOAF more than of a SAGA convention. There is a small market there as well, so nice to be able to buy some of the heirloom supplies for those of us with no heirloom shops in the area.

I'll be there!

Grammie - all the rooms are nice and easy to get to classrooms from them. All classrooms will be in the same location this time, which will be really nice. The hotel rooms are in one area and then the classrooms, market and lunch area are a short walk across the patio. They have some wonderful auction items every day during lunch!!! The other nice thing is that kit costs and lunch as well as the last night reception are all included in the cost. I hope you can make it!

KathyD
http://sewing-adventures.com

(in reply to Seabean)
Post #: 4
RE: 2017 Sewing at the Beach - 8/21/2016 1:38:56 PM   
Grammie

Hi Kathy...yes, I am going to SATB in January - and I am taking your pre-day class, "Ella's Easter Dress"! I am so excited. My sister will meet me in Myrtle Beach - we can share a room and she will explore the area while I sew.

Wednesday & Thursday I am in Connie Palmer's class, and on Friday I am with Lindsay Wilkes. Saturday I gave myself a break and took "Surprise in the hoop project" with Missy & Pam. By then I will be tired and my eyes will be REALLY tired!

I had hoped for one of Trish's classes, especially the sailor dress one, but I know Trish well enough I'll just buy the pattern and do it myself - her directions are great.

Looking forward to meeting you - I have admired your work for a very long time.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Schools & Events >> 2017 Sewing at the Beach Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy