Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my younge... - 10/9/2016 1:26:32 AM   
2435Linda

I love this forum, but seldom post. Now I need many many prayers for my youngest son Greg, age 49. He underwent surgery on 10/3 to remove an adrenal gland tumor laparascopically. Tumor too large to remove that way and they had to open him up. Worse came to worse during his 6 hour surgery. The tumor was found to be on his liver and wrapped around his vena cava which ruptured. Surgeon was literally holding his finger in place to stem the flow of blood until more surgeons could get there to help. Four surgeons total and 18 pints of blood used. Greg is in a medically induced coma in ICU and they tell us they are getting close to extubation but want to wait until things are a little better before doing it. My husband has traveled from our home in N. CA to be with Greg in Carson City, NV. My sister has come to stay with me while he is gone. I have severe pulmonary hypertension and other medical issues and cannot travel. I would welcome your prayers for Greg. Things are very hard for me to deal with right now. Thank you all so much

Linda
Post #: 1
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 6:12:46 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

So very sorry for all this stress and sadness and such severe medical problems. I have been awake since 3 am praying my Rosary and finally got up to go to the washroom and came to find this request for prayers.... It is a long weekend here so pretty quiet at 3 in the morning and still quiet at 5 am. Will go back to bed and say more prayers - I find being able to pray calming and often induces sleep and rest. Lord have mercy on Greg.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 2
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 7:37:08 AM   
kmroy

May God wrap His loving arms around you and your family and bring you peace and healing. May God bless you all.

Kathy

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 3
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 7:49:42 AM   
Joanne

Praying

(in reply to kmroy)
Post #: 4
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 11:11:30 AM   
DDinDFW

Prayers for complete recovery for Greg.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Joanne)
Post #: 5
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 11:35:31 AM   
Nananeva

Praying for all of you.... Asking for blessings for your family, but most especially for healing of your son.

Neva

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 6
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 11:47:22 AM   
Chris Lyon

Sometimes it is so hard to see the blessings through the pain and fear. Look for those little blessings, dear friend. They are what will sustain your hope and your faith. God is very near to us in our need.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 7
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 11:54:39 AM   
Grammie

Praying for Greg - and all who love him. May he receive good medical care and recover soonest.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 8
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 12:02:27 PM   
caaguirre

I'm so sorry, I know that it's doubly hard for you because you can't be there with him. He, and you, are in my prayers. Please keep us updated on his progress and thank you for giving me the opportunity to pray for you and your son.

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 9
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 3:33:56 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Saying prayers for all of you, especially for Greg's full and speedy recovery. And sending big hugs to you.

Barbara

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 10
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 4:18:16 PM   
Bobette

Linda - I certainly will pray for y ou and Greg.

Remember our God is an awesome God.

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 11
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 6:24:11 PM   
2435Linda

Thank you all so much for your prayers, kind words and thoughts for my family. It means so very much to me. Greg's condition is about the same today, still no extubation and that is one of the blessings Chris Lyon helped me to remember. He has been a great joy to us and I fear it is hard to keep the faith. I promise to keep you all updated, and again, thank you so much.

Linda

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 12
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/9/2016 11:48:01 PM   
MoDo

Prayers for your family!

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 13
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/10/2016 9:00:47 AM   
KarenVA

Saying prayers of thanksgiving for the medical care your son received--and praying that God continues to watch over your son's recovery and that he will be his normal self quickly!!

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers as you all go through this tough time!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 14
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/10/2016 10:52:26 AM   
LindaTX

Praying for you and your family. Greg has done well considering all that he went through. Praying for a full recovery.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 15
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/10/2016 10:22:33 PM   
Daylily430

Praying for Greg, your family & the medical team taking care of him. I hope you get some encouraging news, soon.

Ellen
Blog www.seamsandfinishes.com

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 16
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/11/2016 12:11:04 AM   
2435Linda

Karen VA - Your reply has helped me to remember to be thankful. The Lord knows I am, but I just feel overwhelmed at times. Greg is still in ICU today and his doctors feel he is not quite ready for extubation. I am praying that it will happen soon when he is ready. Thank you all for your prayers and support. It means so much to me.

Linda

(in reply to Daylily430)
Post #: 17
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/11/2016 10:02:44 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

The body can heal better no struggles to breathe or anything else - all taken care of - his body needs this time so indeed a blessing that the doctors are not rushing but giving his body time to heal - imagine a week after surgery or 10 days when they extubate him the worst of his recovery is over well the post surgery pain.... that would suit me fine and dandy and most men are not as strong as women when it comes to that... God knows what he is doing.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 18
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/11/2016 7:31:18 PM   
NormaK

Praying for Greg, your husband, and you, Linda. As Shirley said, "God knows what He is doing." May He hold you close during this challenging time.

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 19
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 10/13/2016 1:04:46 AM   
2435Linda

There have been a couple of attempts to remove Greg's breathing tube that have not been successful. Heart rate becomes elevated, oxygen saturation down, and his doctors feel he is not ready. They are talking about doing a tracheotomy, but nothing has been decided for sure yet. They will keep trying and we will keep praying. Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me.

Linda

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy