Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/3/2016 11:46:30 PM   
2435Linda

Greg's tracheotomy tube was removed today and we are all so grateful for the progress he has made. Eating and talking are still difficult but are becoming easier with each passing day. These muscles weren't used for weeks, and to suddenly need to use them takes quite a bit of effort. He is using a walker for his walks to and from the nurses station and is learning how to dress and take care of an open abdominal wound. Once that is mastered he should be much closer to going home. He has a list and crosses things off with a big flourish and definitely wants to go home and get some rest. Thank you all for praying us homeward. You are such special people, someday I wish I could meet all of you.

Linda

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 61
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/4/2016 8:14:02 AM   
KarenVA

What a blessing to hear such good news!! I'm keeping all of you in my prayers!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 62
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/4/2016 10:09:18 AM   
NormaK

That's all very encouraging to hear. May the Lord continue His work in Greg's life.

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 63
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/4/2016 9:02:54 PM   
caaguirre

i'm so happy for him and for you. God please continue to bless you all as He continues to heal Greg's body.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 64
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/11/2016 12:06:28 AM   
2435Linda

Greg is improving quickly and they are thinking of releasing him from the hospital on the 14th. There still is a long way to go to a full recovery, but he will have a home health nurse looking in on him, one of his brothers from PA will be staying with him a few more weeks, and he will be able to work from home for a few weeks until he is fully recovered and gets his strength back to normal. My sewing sisters have certainly had him in mind and I'm feeling his recovery is due to all your efforts. Thanks you all very very much.

Linda

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 65
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/11/2016 6:40:08 AM   
Ms Rose

Oh, Linda!! I am so happy that he is doing so well. He had a really rough go there for a while. I have been following, but like you, I don't post often, either. God certainly has plans for him to have brought him through such a horrible trial. You just never know who has been touched and influenced for the Lord through his suffering. I thank God for this wonderful news.

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 66
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/12/2016 9:22:30 AM   
NormaK

Praise God! That is such wonderful news!

(in reply to Ms Rose)
Post #: 67
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/15/2016 11:37:45 AM   
LindaTX

Praise God that Greg is recovering. Still praying!

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 68
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/15/2016 11:55:26 PM   
2435Linda

Greg was released from the hospital yesterday and is continuing his recovery at home under the watchful eye of one of his brothers. We will be searching for and hopefully starting further treatment with an oncologist soon. Your prayers have meant a lot to us and hopefully will help us find someone that can heal Greg completely. Thank you so very much.

Linda

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 69
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/16/2016 4:32:01 AM   
caaguirre

Thank you for the update, I've been wondering how he's doing. I'm glad he's home, it's so much more comfortable than a hospital. My prayers continue for you all.

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 70
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 11/19/2016 11:51:59 AM   
LindaTX

Please keep updating. I will keep praying.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 71
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/1/2016 12:15:19 AM   
2435Linda

Greg just e-mailed that he had the last of his tubes and the wound care vacuum device removed at the Dr.s office this afternoon. He is elated to finally be able to sleep on his side. Don't know how much care from the doctors he will continue to need. He was supposed to start work tomorrow (at least work from home for a while)but it is a 45 minute commute each way. Don't think he is ready for that much commute time yet, but he is bored and actually wants something to do. He is a CAD engineer. We have one other brother that could come from NY and stay to care for Greg when Carl has to return to PA. They we still need to figure out treatment by an oncologist. His doctors are favoring the "Endocrine surgery and oncology clinic at UCSF but nothing is going to start until Greg is completely healed before they start with taking a PET Scan.
I am certain that your thoughts and prayers have played a big, big part in Greg's recovery. Thank you so much

Linda

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 72
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/1/2016 2:29:12 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you so much for a new update. I am so thankful for his continued recovery, looking for something to do means he's come a long, long way, don't you think so? My prayers will go on for you and your family as long as you wish, please keep us up to date on his condition.

(in reply to 2435Linda)
Post #: 73
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/3/2016 7:57:16 AM   
Ms Rose

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! What wonderful news!!! Thank you for letting us know.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 74
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/3/2016 3:43:56 PM   
Grammie

Wonderful news...keep on getting better, Greg!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to Ms Rose)
Post #: 75
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/7/2016 9:48:58 PM   
Bobette

Thank you Father God for Greg's improvement. You are an awesome God.

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 76
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/8/2016 9:20:11 AM   
SewLynn

Thank you Lord.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 77
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/11/2016 12:49:30 PM   
sewsusan

Such wonderful news! Continued prayers for his strength

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 78
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/11/2016 4:49:38 PM   
NormaK

Praise the Lord, indeed!

(in reply to sewsusan)
Post #: 79
RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my yo... - 12/18/2016 12:17:16 AM   
2435Linda

I am feeling so lucky to have had a visit of almost a week from all my boys and one daughter in law. This was arranged somewhat as a chance for all of us to be together around Christmas, for me to see Greg, and as a way to get Carl started back to Pennsylvania after staying at Greg's for a couple of months to care for him after his surgery.. Other commitments prevented the visit from being any longer, and all of them have had difficulties trying to get back home. Greg was driving home on the freeway and his car started running very rough. He managed to drive it off the road and into the nearest Ford dealership. It took them t he rest of the day to fix it, so Greg turned around and just came back home. He still had about 6 hours of driving so he kept going toward home, since the weather man predicted snow for the next day on his previously intended route through the Sierra's. Carl's plane was delayed about 6 hours before finally taking off. Equipment problems and snow caused problems .He flew from San Francisco to Washington, D.C. but then something fouled up his flight from Washington to Harrisburg PA. Took some type of van that he found there and finally got home about 8:00p.m. Our last son was heading for JFK airport and his flight was delayed 8 hours and 44 minutes. They are still in the air as I type so I hope they will land safely before their two hour ride up to Poughkeepsie.
Greg seems to be doing well, was working part time while he was here. We are all waiting for the results of his PET scan which will be on Jan. 3. Evidently nothing can move forward until we have the results of that and all his other tests and surgerys. Thank you all for continuing to pray. I am so thankful to have such wonderful prayer warriors on my side. .

Linda

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 80
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> RE: My family is in crisis mode. Please pray for my youngest son Greg Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy