Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Children's Garment Construction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Children's Garment Construction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Children's Garment Construction - 10/17/2016 8:13:15 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Is anyone planning to enroll in the Children's Garment Construction on-line class? It sounds like a great class but the timing is totally wrong for me. It runs from Oct 25 thru Mar 1. That runs thru Thanksgiving and Christmas...a super busy and hectic time for me, and many others I'm sure. I hope they will offer this class again at a "better" time.

Barbara
Post #: 1
RE: Children's Garment Construction - 10/18/2016 9:29:02 AM   
SewLynn

It appears there's no set class time, one can work through the classes to fit their schedule is what the course description says. I too would be challenged to find time during November & December, but January through March might be quiet enough to get through the class. I'm not sure that there's a 5 - 6 month period during the course of a year that would be better. There's always something!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 2
RE: Children's Garment Construction - 10/18/2016 11:19:52 AM   
Grammie

I took the on-line serger course and finished all the required projects in less than one month - they really are not difficult or time-consuming. I have done so many Children's construction courses through the years that this one does not challenge me but I did really enjoy the one on-line course I took. You can definitely take your time after Jan. 1st and still finish the requirements easily...and they will extend the deadline for you if you are struggling to finish anyway!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 3
RE: Children's Garment Construction - 10/18/2016 12:37:56 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Thanks a bunch for the input. I appreciate it. Still thinking about it...

Barbara

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 4
RE: Children's Garment Construction - 10/28/2016 1:16:33 PM   
Marla

I signed up for this online course. It's my first heirloom licensing course and I'm very excited! I'm from Indiana and taking the course in person would be a dream come true but love the opportunity of online courses! Like everyone my life is busy. I have very elderly parents with health issues as well as other obligations. Even though this runs through the holidays I hope to get a lot done before then and then finish up after the holiday!

Marla Cooprider
Cooprider Sewing Service
Own Janome 15000, Janome Compulock, Juki Industrial, Janome DC 4030 and some antiques! :)
"A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day in the office." ~Unknown

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Children's Garment Construction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy