Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Bernina 180 question

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Bernina 180 question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 11:52:42 AM   
Pat C.

I was embroidering an ITH design. Machine made a noise and stopped. Design went away on the screen. I turned off the machine and left it for an hour or so. Thought maybe I could fast forward it to where it stopped.I turned it back on, desing went to the machine and then a box came up "needle must be in stop position" Clicked escape and same notice came back. Never saw this before. Does anyone with a 180 know what it means and can it be undone? Thanks. s
Post #: 1
RE: Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 12:00:50 PM   
Roxann

Needle in stop position just means that the needle must be raised to its highest level, you can easily do this by turning your flywheel by hand. You are likely to have to raise the presser foot as well in order to move the hoop to begin stitching where you left off.

Roxann

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 2
RE: Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 12:41:20 PM   
LaurieB

In addition to what Roxann said, I would get that machine to your tech as soon as you can. He can read the error message that you got from the first problem, and maybe save you a lot of aggravation about your mother board on the machine. My old 1530 finally bit the dust with a blown motherboard. Such a sad day. I wouldn't push my luck on using the machine until it can be checked. I don't like the part where you said it made a noise and stopped. Sometimes it's just one part of the board that needs to be worked on. Unfortunately, Bernina no longer stocks the board for the 1530. I can ask my tech for you. He started out working at Bernina of America and is one of the country's best Bernina techs. He has been maintaining my Berninas for at least 15 years. Always gives me straight info.

Good luck!

LaurieB

Licensed Martha Pullen Instructor, Sewing For Babies, Serger I, Beginning Sewing

(in reply to Roxann)
Post #: 3
RE: Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 2:02:29 PM   
Penny Hal

I think you should check everything before starting again. It could be a thread next in the bobbin area. Slow the machine down when you start it up again so you can turn it off right away if it comes back. If you still have problems, stop sewing and take it in to be fixed. Replacing the mother board if necessary will probable be cheaper than buying a new machine.

Penny

(in reply to LaurieB)
Post #: 4
RE: Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 2:21:09 PM   
Pat C.

Roxann, that's exactly what it was. I didn't see a response in my email and ended up calling the local Bernina dealer. Maybe I didn't check notify me. She told me to raise the needle with the up/down and when that didn't work, said to move the wheel by hand. I seem to always come to this forum before I call the dealer:) Feel it's still my best source of "how to" with an older machine.

thanks to all of you.

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 5
RE: Bernina 180 question - 11/7/2016 8:37:23 PM   
Bobette

Glad you are "ready to stitch" again.

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 6
RE: Bernina 180 question - 5/17/2018 2:49:54 AM   
marianne

I have just got my 180 out to use, all ready to embroidr, and my brain has stopped working...i cannot remember which button to press to set the embroidery going, oh I feel so stupid and inadequate, I hope someone will come to my rescue, I cannot believe I'm asking this question. Thanks

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 7
RE: Bernina 180 question - 5/17/2018 1:51:50 PM   
gillie

The bottom one, it looks like a U with an arrow.

Gillie

(in reply to marianne)
Post #: 8
RE: Bernina 180 question - 5/18/2018 12:40:35 PM   
Penny Hal

Sometimes I sit in front of my Bernina 180 and expect it to thread the needle like my Babylock! Actually, the 180 is my favorite of the Berninas, the the start/stop button's label had worn off and the button sticks a little. I hope you get your problem fixed.

Penny

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 9
RE: Bernina 180 question - 5/25/2018 9:09:38 AM   
GinnyUn

My Bernina 780 just froze for the umpteenth time. I have used this machine only briefly during the last 4 years because it is broken ALL the time! I am at my wits end with this very expensive machine.
Ginny Un in Florida

N2Sewin

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Bernina 180 question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message