Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Any opinions on online mattresses?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Miscellaneous Chat >> Any opinions on online mattresses? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any opinions on online mattresses? - 12/10/2016 1:09:40 PM   
mizzlilly

We're considering Saatva, or maybe Casper. Casper doesn't seem to include box springs, which we need with our bed. So leaning toward Saatva. But the idea of buying a mattress online is very new to us! Appreciate your feedback! Thanks.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing
Post #: 1
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 12/10/2016 3:32:01 PM   
Grammie

I would be skeptical, but then we love our Temperpedic mattress & box spring!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 2
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 12/13/2016 3:28:59 PM   
mizzlilly

I was skeptical too... didn't set out to even check them out online. I was just looking for reviews and sales info and voila! there were all these favourable reviews about online mattress retailers. Dh is very skeptical. But the Saatva scores really high and is said to be of the quality of the best of the best good hotel mattresses, so I am willing to give it a try. You do get 75 nights to test it out and return it if you don't like it. You lose the $50 or so delivery fee, but that's it. You get a different one or the purchase price back. Thanks for weighing in on the topic Grammie. We sure do need a new mattress badly. This set is way beyond it's best before date and my old bones don't do well with the saggy baggy thing!

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 12/15/2016 1:13:31 PM   
tricia.heller

we love our Sleep Number bed primarily because it is two twin beds with topper so when DH or self has a toss and turn night, the other one can still sleep without be rocked to kingdon come!!!

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 4
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 1/2/2017 10:39:23 AM   
vinciew

We have an expensive Tempur-Pedic mattress that we bought online and I HATE it! Before we had a Sealy Posturepedic Crown Jewel that we loved. When we moved we couldn't bring it with us from Missouri to Nevada. One of our daughters has it and she loves it too. Wish we had it back. I hope you have found a good deal on a mattress that you both love.
vincie

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 5
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 2/14/2017 10:47:40 PM   
mizzlilly

Boy, can my dh drag his feet sometimes! We finally got our new mattress today. We bought the Saatva (online only). I've only spent a few minutes checking it out so far, but I'll tell you soon...maybe in the morning, unless the jury's still out then. We have 120 days as a trial...if not happy, return it and get all of our money back except for the $50 delivery fee, and the $40 fee to remove the old set. So...old set will still be gone, and...I contacted the company over a small issue with their website, and as thanks they gave me a $50 credit, so basically I didn't pay for the delivery anyway. I'm quite optimistic...

(in reply to vinciew)
Post #: 6
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 2/15/2017 11:49:31 AM   
Linda S.

Doing research on mattresses is like going down a rabbit hole that never
ends! It's hard to comparison shop, because the same manufacturer turns
out the same mattress and gives it a different name for various stores...sigh...

The only real conclusion I cam to (other than not buying super cheap ones which
could contain re-used materials) was to stay away from memory foam. Memory
foam (the brand name) gives off fumes that were immediately irritating to me,
and many say are irritating to everyone in time, even though they may not notice
them. (I have a nose like a dog ; ).

After pondering the purchase for way too long, I ended up buying one at Big
Lots, by Sealy, and love it. It isn't reversible, as all the old ones used to be,
but I couldn't see paying a lot more for this feature when this mattress is likely
to outlive me lol!

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 7
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 2/15/2017 5:46:23 PM   
caaguirre

Okay, you've given it a try, did you wake up rested or with an aching back? Honestly, I've given up the comparison fight. I walked into a shop near my work, ordered the mattress, and liked it so much I bought another one for my guest room. Dumb luck? Probably so.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 8
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 2/15/2017 9:30:10 PM   
mizzlilly

Only one night so far, but I give the mattress two thumbs up. And by choosing the lower profile box spring and mattress, we ended up just a bit shorter overall. I like it better and the shorter height will be an easier jump for an older doggie. I'd recommend the Saatva without hesitation!

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 9
RE: Any opinions on online mattresses? - 2/16/2017 8:57:05 AM   
NormaK

Interesting thread! Thank you for letting us know.

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Miscellaneous Chat >> Any opinions on online mattresses? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy