Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Flat Stanley

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> Flat Stanley Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flat Stanley - 2/10/2017 2:40:25 PM   
KarenVA

Have you ever read Flat Stanley to your kids or grandkids? It's about a little boy whose bulletin board fell on him and flattened him like a pancake. So, his brother stuck him into an envelope and mailed Stanley to his grandparents for a visit. It's a really cute story. Anyway, our 8 year old DGD's third grade class read the story and they made their own flat people. Our DGD sent hers to us--to take pictures and send a write up about our city and our state.

So, we just had adventures with Flat Audrey in Colonial Williamsburg!! We had the best visit with a new re-inactor--young Thomas Jefferson, who was kind enough to be photographed with her!!

Attachment (1)

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 1
RE: Flat Stanley - 2/10/2017 5:48:04 PM   
caaguirre

I haven't read the book but my ddil took Flat Stanley with her wherever she went for quite awhile. She's a preschool teacher and the kids had a great time with this. Stanley has shown up in the oddest places ....

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 2
RE: Flat Stanley - 4/26/2017 5:42:58 PM   
DDinDFW

A friend's mom passed away recently. There were 11 children in the family and it was the first time they'd all been together in quite some time. They took a photo of mom - Flat Pat - several places with them that week because they knew she would have wanted to go with all of them to dinners, etc. I loved that they tried to have as much fun as possible in the sad times.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Flat Stanley - 4/26/2017 6:06:13 PM   
Grammie

My sister took "Flat Lucy" with her on our trip to Norway a few years ago - fun stuff!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 4
RE: Flat Stanley - 5/15/2017 12:36:48 PM   
KathyD

My granddaughter's class read this book and then they each made a flat version of themselves and had to do a report on the adventures of the flat version of themselves. I took "Flat Ella" with me to MD when I taught up there recently - she even got a tour of the naval academy, then my husband and I took her with us to Chicago for our son's heart surgery and she visited the hospital in addition to taking the train, our hotel and restaurants. However, my husband was in Europe last week and she went all kinds of places with his group from work. LOL! Today was their report - I think Flat Ella had the most adventures of all. Fun book and a fun way for kids to learn about different places and things.

KathyD
http://sewing-adventures.com

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> Flat Stanley Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message