Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

My mother in law having serious heart issues

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My mother in law having serious heart issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/10/2017 6:43:05 PM   
LindaTX

I was really surprised that my mother in law called us last Sunday. She has completely ignored her son for almost three years. He has tried unsuccessfully to contact his parents. I have prayed about them resuming some kind of relationship for a long time. I've asked for prayer at Church and feel like that miraculous change of heart has happened.
I went to visit her in the hospital after she called. My husband wouldn't go. I told his parents that he thinks that they don't love him. He just seems angry, which I can understand. They claim that they love him but it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't talk to him until she had the heart failure.
She has had a lot of medical problems. Her heart stopped and the only reason that she is alive is because she has a pacemaker.
I might be able to go to the hospital, but I'm not sure that my husband will go. He has a long history of physical and emotional abuse with these people.
Pray for the Lord to control this situation.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/
Post #: 1
RE: My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/10/2017 8:08:21 PM   
Bobette

So sorry to hear this Linda. I pray God will heal your mother-in-law's heart issues.I'm glad you went o see her. We can never understand how some people are. I understandit has tobe very hard for your husband. I pray God's will be done in their relationship.

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 2
RE: My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/10/2017 10:53:47 PM   
caaguirre

My friend and I were just talking today about family issues, sadly they seem to be widespread. I'm glad you went to see her, her behavior doesn't have to change who you are. I think the most we can do in so many of these situations is to do the right we are able to do and pray, pray, pray. I'll be doing that for you and the family.

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 3
RE: My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/11/2017 2:24:47 PM   
Chris Lyon

I have chosen to maintain relationships with all family members regardless of poor relations that may exist between others. This includes ex-spouses, which does cause some consternation. However, everyone knows that this is what I believe to be right for me, and they have learned to accept it. This is certainly an issue for prayer, but I would urge you to consider spreading love where you can.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/11/2017 4:41:14 PM   
Nananeva

You say "they claim that they love him" but they use it to hurt him. When there is a toxic relationship with someone - friends, family, in-laws - it might be best to distance yourself. In this case, your husband may be doing what is best for him. You need not be enemies, but don't allow them to have power over him or yourself.

Neva

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 5
RE: My mother in law having serious heart issues - 2/13/2017 1:21:09 PM   
LindaTX

Thank you for your prayers. My mother in law has left the hospital. We have not received any calls from them since the day she called. I have called their numbers and their answering machine and voice mail will not take messages. They don't know how to remedy that situation. That is something that I have helped them with in the past. I can only assume that she is in some sort of rehab hospital. Since we live in a large metropolitan area, I don't know where to start looking for her. My father in law likes to blame others when he fails at anything or does something wrong. I'm disappointed that he hasn't told us where she is. I have even checked the obituaries. The person that I'm most concerned about is my husband because he is the one that took the abuse.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My mother in law having serious heart issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy