Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: sewing thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: sewing thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: sewing thread - 2/27/2017 8:09:12 AM   
mari

As for thread I realized yesterday when trying to organize the sewing thread that I am a very sick puppy. I decided I should put partial spools on the ginormous thread rack for that and not new spools so the partials would be used up first. I realized yesterday in the afternoon when on this quest, I am over the edge in thread stash. I already have boxes and boxes of new thread organized by colors and zip lock bags full also organized by color in a giant rubber maid tub. I have promised myself no thread buying of any sort no matter what sort of great buy happens. One thing is it requires a road trip to get a spool or an online order and I have gone totally overboard. I also bought the thread racks in a store closing. We won't discuss the factory cones here from various stock piles or the serger threads of every shade. I don't regret owning it as it is handy to have and was super cheap. The two art bin boxes of metrosene plus are lovely and were maybe .15 from a quilt store liquidation. I know I have hoarder tendencies of sewing stuff however and I have physical space. Ha I have concluded I need to do more sewing and less buying if I ever get all the sewing thread sorted out.

(in reply to mari)
Post #: 21
RE: sewing thread - 2/27/2017 3:06:38 PM   
caaguirre

I'm in that club but my tubs are filled with fabric instead of thread. God help me if I ever get interested in thread.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to mari)
Post #: 22
RE: sewing thread - 2/28/2017 6:20:38 PM   
mari

We won't discuss the fabric stash. Ha I have a lot in shop storage thankfully though the house has some too. Whatever I move out of the house, I immediately fill with another machine or something sewing. I think it's the biggest reason my daughters don't sew. They don't want all the sewing stuff everywhere. Of course I wasn't this bad at their age, the stash has aged to perfection as the years passed and store/factory closings and even some friends contributing estate hoards of zippers, fabrics. Heaven help me doing a few runners I have been eyeing a janome branded tin lizzie 24 inch throat long arm. No danger though as I absolutely don't have space for it unless I take a bed from another bedroom which I have considered. And I won't even pretend I could let some things go to make a spot. Ha

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 23
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: sewing thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy