Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Vertigo

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Vertigo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vertigo - 2/18/2017 1:14:23 PM   
tricia.heller

I broke my elbow during a cruise in January.

Was asked to make a communion cloth for lent first of Feb. No problem. (?)

Had to have husband cut fabric for me.

Then Monday, I developed a case of vertigo!!! Have been to primary care doc and PT twice. I'm here to say sewing when you have broken elbow and vertigo is NOT good!!

Need to have cloth finished by Lent! Prayer for being able to (literally) see straight enough to sew a straight line.
Post #: 1
RE: Vertigo - 2/18/2017 8:13:20 PM   
caaguirre

You'll be in my prayers, not a good combination for a sewing project that's for sure! Hope you're better soon.

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 2
RE: Vertigo - 2/18/2017 10:24:21 PM   
MoDo

Tricia--I have suffered from vertigo before, so I know how terrible it can be! If it's not the type where you can't even stand up, there is a method that might help: Lie on your back and turn your head to one side; hold it for about 15 seconds, then turn your head to the other side, also holding it for about 15 seconds. Repeat this a number of times, then see if the vertigo has lessened. I learned from my doctors that sometimes vertigo is from the fluid in your ears getting out of balance. By doing the above exercise, you can sometimes get the fluid back into balance. If the vertigo is the type where you can't even stand up, you might find relief from an OTC meclizine HCI (antiemetic) tablet, which is designed to prevent nausea and dizziness due to motion sickness. It's what my pharmacist friend recommended to me when I had a bad vertigo episode a couple of years ago.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Vertigo - 2/18/2017 11:16:55 PM   
SewLynn

MoDo, thanks for sharing -

I've had vertigo before, it is not a good feeling at all.

I hope things resolve quickly for you Tricia.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: Vertigo - 2/19/2017 7:40:53 PM   
NormaK

I'm so sorry to learn of your injury on your cruise. I pray that the vertigo will decrease soon, and that your elbow will heal well. Lord willing, I pray, too, that you will be able to get the communion cloth done, too. Just don't overdo it.

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 5
RE: Vertigo - 2/20/2017 10:47:02 AM   
Chris Lyon

You are in my prayers, Dear One.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 6
RE: Vertigo - 2/20/2017 11:22:22 AM   
tricia.heller

Thank you for prayers.

Yes, MoDo, am doing "Epley" maneuver and another maneuver three times a day. Is slowly getting better. Thankfully.

Re: elbow Doc still has me on "no weight" with it but do have good ranch of motion.

Re: Communion cloth. Delivered it yesterday. Lady in charge seemed to be pleased. Following the straight line while eyes rolling was a real trip!

Thank you.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 7
RE: Vertigo - 2/20/2017 2:18:58 PM   
MoDo

So happy to hear you're doing better and were able to finish your project !

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 8
RE: Vertigo - 2/21/2017 5:44:23 AM   
Bobette

So glad to hear you are better. Have had vertigo myself - too many times. My ENT doctor will no longer do Epley himself. He sends me to a PT office and they now have things they put over your eyes and roll you from side to side. They track your eye movements via computer and can tell when the crystals have moved out of your inner ear. Not fun, but it does help. They also do not do the Eply procedure by hand anymore. The ENT Dr. told me you can't be for sure which way the crystals will move this way and could back up and make you worse.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 9
RE: Vertigo - 2/21/2017 2:43:57 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

It seems that v ertigo is more common than I thought - I have had episodes where the room seems to be spinning - it always happens when I am in bed.... We bought those memory foam pillows - let me tell you how fast I got rid of mine - I am certain those pillows do not help vertigo in the least. My episodes only last seconds and I have no idea why it happened
So glad that you are on the mend and THANK YOU MODO for posting that tip - I am not sure but I will try it next time - of course since my episodes last less than a minute... I will have to be quick - let me just say I HATE THAT FEELING it reminds me of bad case of stomach flu when you think you are going to pass out....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Vertigo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy