Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

How are all the new projects coming along?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> How are all the new projects coming along? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/24/2017 3:39:14 PM   
Linda S.

MoDo....any progress on your Easter dress? Or was it two dresses? I know
you were looking for beading, which I hope you found. I love beading and not
just for running ribbon through. It looks sew pretty when attached to other laces
in a fancy band.
Post #: 1
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/24/2017 8:59:44 PM   
MoDo

Hi Linda!! It's THREE dresses and so far I'm just in the "thinking" stage . I was gone for three weeks out to California and also the Tucson Gem Show, then had a minor medical procedure, so am just now getting back to a regular routine. I kept telling myself that I was going to start purchasing laces every month so that when I needed them I'd have them, but the "best laid plans ... " . I do have some lace, but certainly not enough for three dresses, therefore, necessity shall be the mother of invention and I will rev up my creative engine and see what it produces . Thanks for asking!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 2
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/26/2017 11:11:35 AM   
Linda S.

MoDo, Hope you had a fun time at the Gem Show....gosh that sounds interesting! Did you
scope out the area for magical fabric shops tucked away in fabric fairyland? I dream of finding
such fabric stores and am always on the lookout no matter where I go ; )

Finished and delivered 54 scarves to the homeless shelter, my curtains are finished and hanging
in the dinning room (100% cotton voile, wrinkles when you just look at it and ones that
no one but ME will appreciate LOL!). Also some mending,and now am once again a little
side tracked making hankies.

I was determined to perfect the hand hem stitched hem like some I see on my vintage
hankies, and have been practicing that stitch. Now I'm working on the real thing, a 100%
voile hankie (left over curtain fabric!). This will be for my daughter, and I'm trying to decide
if I want to attempt a Madeira applique technique I've admired (and don't know how to do
lol!), or use shadow embroidery with other hand embroidery to embellish.

I am itching to make a dress like you are making MoDo...but alas, no one to make it
for : (. So it's hankies for me, at least for the time being. I can still do heirloom sewing
on hankies, just in miniature.

Spring is right around the corner, and when it arrives in full force I'll be spending most
of my free time pulling weeds in the yard. So I'm trying to get as much guilt-free sewing
done as possible! Winter is good for that, at least ; )

As for having the right lace always on hand, I gave up on that a long time ago. It seems
I always need just 6 more inches than what I have, or the lace in my stash isn't the right
width....or the right color....etc. etc. etc.! But you have a noble goal ; )

< Message edited by Linda S. -- 2/26/2017 11:17:39 AM >

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 3
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/26/2017 12:44:49 PM   
JudyPNW

I'm making two runners for Spring/Easter.
Today, I am quilting the herringbone runner for our side table.

I have ideas for the dining table for Easter but it's still in the planning stages.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 4
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/26/2017 1:14:28 PM   
Grammie

Oh my, Judy...that is just lovely! I am in awe!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to JudyPNW)
Post #: 5
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/26/2017 7:57:43 PM   
Linda S.

Wow Judy this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the colors and what a pretty design. Thanks for sharing!

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 6
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/27/2017 11:15:06 AM   
MoDo

Wow, Judy!! Hey! I recognize the yellow fabric with bees! I made a dress for my DGD from that fabric .

Linda--Yes! The Tucson Gem Show was fantastic, as it always is! The last thing on my mind, however, was looking for fabric--way too many gemstones and jewelry to drool over . Spent more this year than I have in any other year of attending the shows . How wonderful that you made so many scarves!! I'm sure the recipients will be sew happy with them! I do hope you will share photos of the hankies when you finish those!!

Well, back to the reality of housework now that I'm back home. Then on to drawing my ideas for the dresses!!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 7
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 2/28/2017 1:10:49 PM   
tricia.heller

MoDo, next year PM me before coming to Gem Show!!. Alas, other than Joanne's and a couple of quilt shops, Tucson has NO fabric shops!!

Tricia

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 8
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/1/2017 6:53:16 PM   
MoDo

I will try to remember to contact you, Tricia! It's always the first week of February (as you probably already know!).

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 9
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/2/2017 4:59:54 PM   
mizzlilly

I put a picture and post in quilting...

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 10
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/4/2017 4:17:57 AM   
aussie

My underwear project for the children in S. Dakota is on hold. My serger decided 80 pairs was enough and needed a break. So I am in the process of cutting more and as soon as I get the part for the serger, we will be back in business. In the meantime I am embroidering led candle covers to give to them for Easter. We are all so lucky to have so many ideas and talents, never time for boredom.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 11
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/6/2017 10:37:31 PM   
Linda S.

Carol, I just want to say how kind you are to make all these undies. This is surely something
there is a great need for, and I don't know many (come to think of it, any) who are making them.

I'm right there with you regarding boredom. I never have enough hours in one day, and have
a hard time relating when someone says, "I'm so bored". Never had that problem!

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 12
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/6/2017 11:03:11 PM   
SewLynn

I have a top cut out for me, but ... it may get temporarily sidelined due to one of my grands turning 8 later this month.

A sundress and a new apron have been requested - she's outgrown nearly everything over the past several months. She's shot up to 4'3" at not quite age 8 and is in an adult shoe size!!! She was quite distressed that only one dress made by grandma fits her at this time, and her apron ties are barely long enough to tie.

Dress pattern is Simplicity 1121. The fabric is Lollies from Moda - a wide striped design of all sorts of dots in predominantly pinks for Miss Polkadot Princess - she's always loved dots and she's a confirmed lover of pink. I'm still divided on the apron pattern.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 13
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/7/2017 9:15:18 AM   
KarenVA

I finally got the #72 foot for my Bernina so I can use the quilting rulers--just waiting for the Bernina rulers to get here. Then I hope to practice using them on some table runners--at least I'll end up with some nifty runners as I get practice with the foot and rulers.

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 14
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/7/2017 10:11:11 AM   
MoDo

After a delay over which I had no control, I am finally going to be able to start on those dresses . With time being short, I've decided "pretty good is good enough"; the dresses shall be more simple than I would have liked, but I don't think I can do all three in time if I try to be too fancy. I have ordered lace from Luc and am hoping it arrives within my time frame . I have enough laces on hand to (hopefully) get at least my DGD's dress done within a few days. Watch this space .

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 15
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/7/2017 10:21:27 AM   
SewLynn

I had been looking forward to seeing Luc and his Fine French Laces at SewExpo, but although he was listed as a vendor, alas, I never did find him there. :(

MoDo - saying a little prayer that your dresses sew along smoothly with no drama!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 16
RE: How are all the new projects coming along? - 3/8/2017 6:05:19 PM   
MoDo

Thank you, Lynn! I appreciate it! It seems every day something comes up that prevents me from being in my sewing room . I'm tempted to move to a hotel for a week or two!!

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> How are all the new projects coming along? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy