Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: My first Mug Rug

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: My first Mug Rug Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/15/2017 8:33:51 PM   
NormaK

That is a very lovely mug rug and combination with the mug. It's also special that you are able to celebrate her 100th. birthday. A dear lady in our Gideon's camp just celebrated hers, and we treated her with dinner, cake, and singing "Happy Birthday" at the last meeting.

(in reply to ssstitches)
Post #: 21
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/25/2017 12:29:09 PM   
Penny Hal

Together they make a terrific gift! So pretty!

Penny

(in reply to ssstitches)
Post #: 22
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/28/2017 1:07:49 AM   
KristryMorgan

It looks beautiful...

(in reply to ssstitches)
Post #: 23
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/28/2017 12:13:03 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

OK I have never done a mug rug at least that I can remember.... so how many pieces of fabric do you need I went to the design page and she used lavender colour... and white on top so I am guessing that you need 2 different fabrics plus the thin batting and the rest is all thread design??? I want to make sure that this is not a project that stays on the TO DO list because I cant find what I need in my stash...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to ssstitches)
Post #: 24
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/28/2017 12:49:23 PM   
Penny Hal

I can't believe you found the perfect mug to go with that rug! Gorgeous set!

Penny

(in reply to ssstitches)
Post #: 25
RE: My first Mug Rug - 3/28/2017 2:43:16 PM   
Grammie

Thanks, everyone...

Shirley - yes, you are right. Needed 2 pieces of fabric plus the batting. The rest is stitching. I think there are some out there that have some applique in the design, but this one did not.

Penny - and I found that mug on e-bay for $1.99!

This gift is for my former mother-in-law - she will be 100 years old in April. She probably won't even know what a Mug Rug is but I'll have my daughter explain it to her. Two of my children will be with her as well as 6 of her great-grandchildren. Her son (my children's father) passed away a few years ago. She has one son living plus 5 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. Her husband has been gone many years. She has enjoyed a good life. Long after her son & I divorced she would make chocolate chip cookies for me and my husband...I have been blessed to continue a good relationship with her all these years.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 26
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: My first Mug Rug Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy