Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: Please pray for my family.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> RE: Please pray for my family. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/16/2017 10:48:47 PM   
DonnaSewsAgain

Our hearts ache to hear of your terrible loss, Dana. The weight of your own grief and the grief of your boys must seem unbearable. We are praying for God's strength and comfort to get through these days.

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 21
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/17/2017 7:10:07 PM   
Joanne

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and the boys
Joanne

(in reply to DonnaSewsAgain)
Post #: 22
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/18/2017 1:28:18 PM   
tricia.heller

So shocked and saddened to hear this news. God will be with you and your boys. Draw strength from Him.

My sympathies

Tricia

(in reply to Joanne)
Post #: 23
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/18/2017 10:35:47 PM   
Luzenia

Prayers going up for you and your family.

Luzenia

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 24
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/19/2017 11:45:39 AM   
DDinDFW

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It has been a very busy week. Our eldest returns to college today and the younger's school starts up tomorrow after our spring break. Family and friends have been amazing. We had two minister-friends do the service, as well as two of Craig's friends + our eldest spoke. All did a wonderful job. We added as much of Craig's humor to the service as we could, and even my MIL didn't seem too upset by Craig's favorite lawyer joke on the back of the service bulletin. When life returns to our "new norm" tomorrow, I'm sure it will hit us all. I am most worried about our youngest son who is only 13. He has grieved the least and has lost the most. There is a group in our town that has counseling, etc. just for children of all ages who have lost a family member. I'm sure I'll have to drag R there, but I will do it.

Thank you again for your prayers, and please keep them up. We are just starting this new life we have to live.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Luzenia)
Post #: 25
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/19/2017 7:29:35 PM   
gillie

Continued prayers for all of you. Do make sure he goes to counseling, I'm sure it will be of help him to know that others have lost loved ones. Hugs,

Gillie

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 26
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/20/2017 12:41:08 PM   
NormaK

Please accept my most sincere condolences, Dana. May the Lord strengthen, comfort, and guide you, your sons and other family members. May the Father especially draw your younger son close to Himself.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 27
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/21/2017 9:05:43 AM   
mari

I am so very sorry to read of your sad news, Dana. Please know that we all love and care for you and your boys as you try to find your way. I join the others in lifting you and your family up in prayer and loving thoughts at this time and the days to come.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 28
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/21/2017 12:08:00 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

You all must be just reeling like being hit by a freight train that wasn't even on the tracks.... I am still reeling from the news - when I first saw the picture on facebook I was confused... mind saying looks like a birthday party but gut saying I DONT THINK SO - I still can not believe this... he looks so healthy in the picture a poster child really....
I too am concerned for your boys and yes the most vulnerable is the `13 year old and the old long since buried 13 year old self would be crying I don't care who everyone else in the group lost this is my dad...... unless you have walked in those shoes or your shoes no one can even imagine - with 2 years to prepare myself with late husbands cancer and yes I did prepare in my own mind when the time came I just stood with some of our friends from the office well the girls and we just stared in amazement - one minute he was drinking juice and the next GONE that in itself was not what I expected...that very morning the hospital staff had tried to convince me to take him home. So take your time and perhaps take the 13 year old out with you to a quiet place where you can both talk about what you are feeling - bring a box of Kleenex... and water... when and if the tears flow it is very dehydrating... so does all that breathing through the mouth.
Expect to be numb - you will look back next year and wont remember most of this time or how you got through it.
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to mari)
Post #: 29
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/21/2017 3:57:32 PM   
DDinDFW

Numb is probably the best description I've heard. We all cried on the day it happened, but very little since. I know it will hit us in the future, and we realize he won't come walking in front door at dinner time, but it isn't real yet. We don't know when it will be real.

Thanks ladies. There is so much work to be done... now.

Please keep up the prayers.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 30
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/21/2017 7:35:36 PM   
JR

Dana, I am so sorry!! Sending prayers to you and the boys!!

JR

< Message edited by JR -- 3/21/2017 7:36:35 PM >

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 31
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/26/2017 10:06:30 PM   
LindaTX

I am so sorry. Praying for you. The sudden deaths shake us to the core. Please check into Griefshare.org I would not have coped with my sisters sudden death with out griefshare.org

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 32
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/27/2017 10:52:01 AM   
sewsusan

Dana, I have been out of town & just now read this sad news. I am so very sorry to hear of this.....I still get very emotional when remembering the shock of when my dear dad died suddenly (50 years ago this Oct). The "scar" is one for life, but we must go on. Know that your children will need you & provide you a focal point. Prayers are with you & your family
Susan

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 33
RE: Please pray for my family. - 3/28/2017 1:23:58 AM   
KristryMorgan

Sorry to hear dana, I will keep you in my prayers. Don't go down, push yourself up. Remember, God is with you.

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 34
RE: Please pray for my family. - 4/1/2017 11:38:59 PM   
SewJune

Oh, Dana, I am so very sorry! I rarely come here anymore - maybe a few times a year at most - but something was pulling me here to check on everyone and now I see why. My prayers will definitely be with you and your family. How heartbreaking for all...

June

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> RE: Please pray for my family. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy