Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Stabilizer problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Stabilizer problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stabilizer problem - 3/26/2017 1:22:57 PM   
Penny Hal

I've had my Babylock Journey almost a year now and am getting to know it better. However, I keep running into problems. Yesterday I was stitching out a mug rug on it and used a medium weight oesd cutaway stabilizer. This is one I had not used before. Well, it got cut away by the needle stitching out a satin border so that it was cut loose from the hoop. This caused the fabric to get dragged down into the feed dogs. I've done zillions of mug rugs on my Bernina and never had this happen. The only thing I can think of is that it is the stabilizer that caused the problem. Has anyone had any experience with this stabilizer? or a similar problem maybe?

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: Stabilizer problem - 3/26/2017 3:09:57 PM   
Nananeva

I now have my third BabyLock emb machine, plus a Brother (which is a 'cousin' to BL). I have never had cutaway stabilizer cut by satin stitching. I truly don't think it is your machine. From my own experience, I know many tearaway stabilizers will cut like that. Yes, I also learned not to use Sulky washaway for designs with satin stitching, coz it will cut.

Neva

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Stabilizer problem - 3/26/2017 3:17:57 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I wonder if it was a tear away and mislabled.... the other day I was buying groceries and in the bakery department - I have had a very difficult time of late finding jewish rye bread with caraway seeds. the previous times lately and asked a Chinese girl names Shirley - she had no idea what Jewish rye bread was so I showered her the sign - she said she would speak to her supervisor about the lack... so there I was and there were 2 loaves of bread marked Jewish Rye bread... I was so frustrated when the girl I asked pointed out the bread... I asked her if she knew what jewish rye bread should smell like... so I picked up the pumpernickel and told her here sniff the jewish rye should smell similar... and then the supervisor came... she said there will be some tomorrow... I told her there is some today but just because someone stuck a label on it does not make it so...
I have had stabilizer perf out like that... mostly solvy.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 3
RE: Stabilizer problem - 3/26/2017 7:10:51 PM   
caaguirre

I think it was the stabilizer too, I've had that happen when using the plastic film WSS. Of course there was the time I THOUGHT I was using a paper type WSS but it turned out to be a tear away. That was no fun.

Shirley made me hungry for some Jewish Rye.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 4
RE: Stabilizer problem - 3/27/2017 11:16:24 AM   
mizzlilly

I agree with everyone else...stabilizer problem. I have a long history of embroidery with both Bernina and Brother, Babylock cousins, and no experience like this!

The only cutaway stabilizer I tend to use is poly mesh, usually the fusible one. I recently discovered a lighter version of the polymesh, thanks to Jennilee, and I like it too. The brand is Inspira...hard to find though. The others always pucker for me. No idea why, and I decided it wasn't worth testing and experimenting to find out...I just use the polymesh!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: Stabilizer problem - 3/27/2017 12:31:02 PM   
Penny Hal

After reading your posts pointing to the stabilizer, I double checked the stabilzer and found out that I had used a tearaway. I had both out at the same time for two different projects...one for each of my sewing machines... and accidently got the stabilizer switched. Now, to try doing it with the correct stabilizers.

Penny

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 6
Stabilizer problem - 3/29/2017 1:48:18 AM   
sarahtaylor

I have a LG voltage stabilizer and that stabilizer gives output of 290 volts on 200 volts which is indeed unsafe so I need what should I do?

My name is Sarah and I offer my writing service through Dissertation Writing Services UK.

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Stabilizer problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote