Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/11/2017 2:40:04 PM   
kmroy

What a thrill to open my mailbox and find the beautiful Classic Sewing Magazine Summer issue. Just full of beautiful ideas and lots of inspiration! Patterns by Debbie Glenn, Gail Doane,Regena Karasch, our very own Kathy Dykstra, Amelia Johanson and others. There is a precious baby bonnet by Sydnee Watson that I will make tonight. Just love baby bonnets! Lots of great articles.

I live in Alabama so not sure how the magazine is distributed. Keep an eye on your mailbox!
Kathy
Post #: 1
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/11/2017 2:50:38 PM   
KarenVA

OOOO--I can't wait!!!!

Be sure to check out the downloads for the magazines, too:

http://www.classicsewingmagazine.com/downloads/

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to kmroy)
Post #: 2
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/11/2017 3:43:03 PM   
Belinda

I checked it out. Beautiful Magazine but very pricey!

Belinda in MS

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 3
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/11/2017 7:46:03 PM   
Grammie

Hmmm...wonder how many weeks it will take for me to get mine here in CANADA? So hard to wait!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to Belinda)
Post #: 4
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/12/2017 10:39:43 AM   
SewLynn

I continue to check out the table of contents and/or flip through a copy at Joann's to see if it seems worth the price.

I still have many many issues of Sew Beautiful plus several of Martha's books to keep me going. I've learned so much from those, that is probably why I don't see much of anything new for me in Classic Sewing that I'm willing to spend $25/issue.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 5
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/12/2017 10:58:36 AM   
mizzlilly

I do subscribe at my US address, so have to wait for my next trip. Waiting on delivery of four cake plates for a friend for her dd's wedding end of the month, so hope they arrive in time.

I looked at the downloads for this issue and it has a lot that appeals to me personally. No stores carry it here, so it's ether subscribe or miss out. I've already ordered the Susan Stewart pattern for the Madeira appliqué dress and plan to make it soon. Can't wait!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/12/2017 2:13:02 PM   
vpenner

I usually find mine at JoAnn's. So far I've been taken in by the eye candy every issue, but I was dissuaded to subscribe when I found out from the other ladies here that the publisher automatically renews the subscription. I would rather decide ahead of time if I want to renew. Sorry, just my preference.

Mother to James (37), Sarah (34), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (27)

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 7
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/15/2017 12:05:54 AM   
Nananeva

I have been watching for mine to be delivered. No, it hasn't come yet. Been busy making FSL items to teach new BabyLock machine owners at club tomorrow. It is fun to see how excited they are to learn. The sponsor asked for some suggestions for topics, and my "big mouth" about lace got me volunteered. Remember how excited we were when Free Standing Lace was new? It will be fun!

Neva

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 8
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/15/2017 12:02:41 PM   
SewLynn

I remember having mixed feelings about FSL. I'd already figured out that if I used netting I could make lace appliques ... and, in fact ... made the bodice lace and trim for my daughter's wedding gown using that technique with Skeldale House designs, which I then beaded. FSL came out almost as soon as I'd finished!!! And I thought, NOW you give us that technique?!?!? LOL. I am a FSL addict!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 9
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/16/2017 8:17:07 AM   
KarenVA

Vpenner--it's only an auto renewal if you pay by credit card. I pay by check and get sent a form to renew or not, whatever I choose.

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 10
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/16/2017 10:33:49 AM   
vpenner

Nice to know, Karen. I may work on hubby for a gift subscription since Mother's Day is coming up and I DID give birth to his five children

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 11
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/16/2017 12:36:43 PM   
Nananeva

Karen is correct. I use PayPal and also must okay the renewal before paying every year. Sure wish the latest issue would get here.

Neva

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 12
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/17/2017 11:43:39 AM   
Linda S.

I've not been able to find it at our local Joanne Fabric store...in fact, I don't see many sewing magazines
at all...which is weird. It's a fabric store! Thankfully we have a Barnes and Noble here...and am hoping
they continue to carry sewing magazines. I usually pick up Vogue when I see one...and of course, Classic
Sewing. Crafts of various kinds are taking over Joanne fabric store here...now, over half the store is "craft"
materials, crowding out the fabric : (.

It's worth the price to me, to get all the patterns included. This is a full, hefty magazine.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 13
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/18/2017 10:49:15 AM   
vpenner

We have both a Barnes and Noble and a JoAnn's. I've never gotten it at Barnes and Noble because I've always been able to find it at JoAnn's. Ours doesn't have many sewing magazines, either. I've never even seen Threads there (no worries since I usually find that one at Walmart). Even my husband has commented that JoAnn's seems more like a craft store than a sewing store nowadays...

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 14
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/21/2017 8:12:59 PM   
mizzlilly

I went to NF yesterday and my magazine was in my mail.🎉👍👏 so excited! Definitely my favourite issue! And my Baby's Breath pattern from Susan Stewart was there too! Along with a nice surprise from Susan...a piece of lace. I didn't unfold it yet so don't know how big it is, but I'm guessing a yard. I put it up straight away so Paddy wouldn't eat it...without his regular exercise and day-care he's more chompy than usual.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 15
RE: Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today - 4/22/2017 1:01:30 PM   
vpenner

Bless Paddy's heart. Hope he's doing well. No doggie stories of note, but we had a cat who would chow down on my sewing patterns if I left a project laid out overnight. Sure enough, I'd come out the next morning to cut it out to find tissue paper destroyed. None of our other cats did that. I could leave them overnight without worrying they'd be destroyed. Sure, I'd find cat hairs stuck in the pins--obviously, it was a comfortable place to take a catnap--but they were intact.

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Classic Sewing ----Summer magazine came today Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy