Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

free Harry Potter design

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> free Harry Potter design Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 12:06:50 PM   
Janice

When my 8 yo grandson and family went to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios, Alastair loved all the merchandise. But he said Nana could embroider tee shirts for free and he could save his money. Of course, I did! It took a lot longer than I thought to come up with this simple design, but I'm offering the two designs on Alastair's shirt free on my blog. Just ask for it in a comment at the end of this post. I cannot keep up with requests that do not come through my blog, so please don't ask for it here. Of course, 4 yo little sister Vivian Rose wanted an HP shirt as well. These were the only two blanks I had in my stash that are their current sizes. But I've laid in a heft supply for future requests. Sewing for the grands is such a sweet pleasure, especially when they wear them with a big smile on their faces.

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com
Post #: 1
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 12:43:25 PM   
Penny Hal

Perfect design! Cute kids!

Penny

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 2
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 2:03:30 PM   
Grammie

I agree, Janice...sewing for the little ones is pure pleasure - no matter what they request! The latest one on my to-do list is a new cover for Max's wheelchair cushion. His leg braces keep tearing holes in the existing cover and it has been patched to the limit! You'd think the makers of children's wheelchair cushions would know to use really touch fabric! Now all I have to do is find that REALLY TOUGH fabric! LOL

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 3
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 6:51:57 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Grammie maybe faux suede??soft yet strong

I read every book in the Harry Potter series and so did my husband - and then we read her other books - don't bother they were awful

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 4
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 8:39:17 PM   
Janice

Thanks, Penny, for noticing that my grandchildren are cute kids. They are also brilliant and almost perfect in every way, just like everyone else's grandchildren! As Teresa Bloomingdale said in her famous quote, , "If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma." She must know my grandchildren....and yours.

Janice

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 5
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 8:43:29 PM   
Janice

Grammie, have you looked at outdoor furniture upholstery fabric? The vinyl or plastic ones would be too hot for him, but some of those heavy canvases are really strong.

Janice

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 6
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 8:47:00 PM   
Janice

Shirley, you are one modern grandma! Thanks for the recommendation to NOT read any other J.K. Rowling books. It has occurred to me more than once that I should look into them. I did read the latest one, which is a play. It was abysmal after the wonder of the 7 HP books. I guess we can't expect her to strike gold more than once in her writing career.

Janice

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 7
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/4/2017 9:01:41 PM   
caaguirre

How about corduroy for the cushion cover? I have one made out of corduroy in the envelope style so it can be taken off and laundered.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 8
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/5/2017 12:53:25 PM   
Grammie

Thank you, everyone for the suggestions. I have some really touch yet softish upholstery fabric that will be the first attempt at a cover. Although the idea of laundering appeals to me, the more important factor is the ability to stand up to the stress. I'm sure I will make several of these once I get the proportions right...this is a very contoured cushion!

Wish me luck.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 9
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/5/2017 2:22:27 PM   
Janice

I hope that works for you, Grammie. It's a mission of love for sure and I bet there is not one Simplicity, MCcall's or Butterick pattern available. We are called to make some unusual things for our loved ones. One of my odd projects was airplane sound-proofing ear muff for my then 3 month old granddaughter to wear in the family's Piper Twin Comanche as they flew from Florida to their cabin in NC. What I made her was not nearly as effective as the adult headsets, but it was better than nothing. This post shows a picture and explains how I made it along with other sewing challenges. http://www.janicefergusonsews.com/blog/2010/02/22/sewing-nana-challenges/[image][/image] But I've never tackled a wheelchair cushion. Good luck and more power to you, Grammie!

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 10
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/5/2017 4:22:24 PM   
Grammie

What an innovative solution to a special problem! I love the ear muffs! Such a sweet baby - and handsome daddy, too.

I love your blog, Janice - sometimes I spend a LOT of time just wandering around on it.

Thank you for the encouragement, time will tell if this Grammie is up for the latest challenge.

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 11
RE: free Harry Potter design - 5/6/2017 1:33:16 PM   
Janice

Thank you, Grammie, for your sweet words. I so appreciate such comments and knowing that you enjoy my blog. Sharing my projects and thoughts with readers gives me a great deal of satisfaction.
My son is very handsome but our precious baby girl was less than "sweet" that day. Her father wanted to show her off to the other pilots but she wanted nothing of it. She has grown into an agreeable, charming, beautiful young lady.

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> free Harry Potter design Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy