Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Some Recent Sewing Projects

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> Some Recent Sewing Projects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/15/2017 12:47:12 PM   
KathyD

I continue to stay busy sewing for classes as well as the grandkids. Our one granddaughter, Eva, is only 4 but has some very strong opinions about what she will wear. She wears dresses, but most of what I've made for her lately she doesn't like. :( So, the dresses go to Livvy (same age, her cousin). Oh well. Maybe I'll have her over to choose fabric that she likes - maybe then she will wear the dresses I make!

Eva vetoed this dress, so Livvy has it.

This was one of my test samples for a dress/class that I worked on a couple years ago - I made 5 dresses before I was completely happy with the final pattern. It now fits Livvy. :)

Eva vetoed this dress also, but then decided to keep it. If she refuses to wear it, it will go to Livvy. Oy!

I finished up this dress from a class that I took at SATB. I only stayed for half the class and thought I'd misplaced the embroidery template, so the dress didn't get finished right away. Once I found out that we had to freehand our flowers and guess where the pockets were to be placed, I finished up the dress. Livvy wore it yesterday and it was so cute on her!

I made this blouse to use for demonstration purposes at SATB. It was nearly finished, but had one sleeve and the neckband to complete. The blouse pattern is the "Jane" pattern featured in last fall's Classic Sewing magazine. I whipped up some shorts to go with the blouse. This fits Ella. She's 7 now and not wearing as much smocked things, but she still loved this, so it was a win!

I've blogged about most of these items in the last few months, but know that not everyone follows blogs or FB, so I thought I'd post here.

KathyD
http://sewing-adventures.com
Post #: 1
RE: Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/15/2017 2:57:31 PM   
Grammie

I love all that you do, Kathy...I was in your class at SATB last January. I am just now finishing my dress from your class...it is one my daughter-in-law will refuse so it will go into my stash for future great-granddaughters! My 4-year-old GD wore the one from Connie's class in January - it is a bit big for her, but she likes that one! Oh, to have a Mom who loves heirloom dresses - my dream!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 23 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to KathyD)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/15/2017 6:01:27 PM   
MoDo

Oh. My. Gosh!!! All of those are just so fantastic!!! Kathy, your work is beyond belief!! Only in my dreams ...

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/15/2017 8:31:34 PM   
Bobette

I always love to see your wonderful creations. Drooling over they keyboard as I type.

Thanks for sharing!!

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/15/2017 9:14:20 PM   
caaguirre

Me too, I can't get enough of your beautiful work. It's such an inspiration even though I know my limitations. Some day the girls will look back at photos of those dresses and wonder why they turned up their noses at such beauty. I've got to follow your blog more closely, thanks for the link.

OBTW, the dress with the ruffly sleeves and pockets is so to my taste, anything vintage. Is there a pattern for this or one that would be close to it?

< Message edited by caaguirre -- 5/15/2017 9:19:04 PM >

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 5
RE: Some Recent Sewing Projects - 5/16/2017 10:02:29 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Oh, what beautiful creations, Kathy. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Barbara

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> Some Recent Sewing Projects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy