Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Evening Everyone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Evening Everyone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Evening Everyone - 5/22/2017 10:12:43 PM   
JR

I would like to say hello to everyone and hope you are having a wonderful evening. Is anyone working on a new project for kids or grandbabies?? We are cleaning out our basement. My world what a chore!! Weeks to go before we are finished!!

JR
PS: I know this is not machine embroidery but I believe this is the most read post!!
Post #: 1
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/22/2017 10:32:53 PM   
SewLynn

I just returned home from visiting my out of state daughter and family, and of course, came home with a list of new projects! Progress reports and photos to come.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 2
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/22/2017 11:21:20 PM   
MoDo

While I haven't started any sewing, I have purchased many cute fabrics for my DGD's summer outfits. Does that count?

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 3
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 10:29:03 AM   
vjm

We just returned from visiting our daughter in Colorado last week. On Thursday, we were stuck in a snow storm (yes, in May!) on the western side of the Vail Pass. Other than that, it was a nice vacation. I did manage to buy some really beautiful fabric at a quilt store in Glenwood Springs. I plan to make a small backpack.

VJM and her two Westies, Shayla and Chelsea

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 11:04:01 AM   
Nananeva

I am teaching a daughter in law to use the Brother 6 ndl. Wow! That takes me back to the basics.... I am very content with my new Destiny II and am giving the 6 ndl machine to her. First she did bath towels to match her Moms' bathroom. She was so 'tickled' she couldn't wait for Mothers' Day to give them to her! Then it was a gorgeous dragon in shades of purple on a black tee. It is gorgeous! We will move it to their home soon. (My son Bill sez I have created a "monster". Michelle thinks of nothing but new emb projects!)

Neva

(in reply to vjm)
Post #: 5
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 2:44:47 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

After a very long very cold very snowy winter - we even had snow beginning of may but it didn't stick... so finally some hot weather - my deck was 90 yesterday - so I have been deep cleaning - I hauled 3 carpet runners out and 2 room size and power washed and shampooed them out on the deck - then power washed the deck and glass railings - another day I did another rug and a runner and the windows.... today I washed my suv - well just gave it a quick wash - and did about the same sort of job on my side of the garage floor - hosed all that winter grit out so I don't track it in to the house now that the weather allows you to leave the garage door open longer than nanno second - oh and I washed my fridge in the garage as well and threw out a lot of stuff - fresh start.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 8:33:58 PM   
MoDo

I'd like to hire you, Shirley !

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 7
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 8:39:27 PM   
caaguirre

I found some cute patterns on Ravelry and am using up some of my leftover yarn on crocheted hats. It's fun to see that yarn bin empty out somewhat. I've picked out colors to embroider a flour sack kitchen towel but am thinking through the process since it's going to be on the diagonal at a corner of the towel. Hooping and placement will be different than what I usually do. Any advice?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 8
RE: Evening Everyone - 5/23/2017 9:45:01 PM   
mizzlilly

Carol, are you towels basically really large squares? I've always been stymied by those, so afraid I can't help! W!hen I do napkins though, I hoop sticky stabilizer, digitize a basting box, turn it 45 degrees, stitch it on sticky stabilizer, then remove the backing paper, align either the edge of the napkin or the hemstitching with my basting box, and voila! I am quickly hooped and stitching. Size of the basting box dependent on whether you're aligning the edge or hemstitching, but it's foolproof. It does take a wee bit bigger hoop and stabilizer, but you can really zip through them. If you don't have room for the entire basting box you can just use the bottom half. Hope that makes sense! Reminds me I am now almost a month overdue with a set of napkins to go with a set of RH placemats for a 15th anniversary gift.

It's been a blur of relatives and trips to the airport and such here. And Lisa goes in next week for her heart procedure, so I'm being pulled off the bench!

However, I have snuck in a bit of sewing... Lisa and I did two bath towels (gorgeous Restoration Hardware ones) for her to give as a 50th anniversary gift, along with one of Marie's FSL letters on a bar of soap. I cut a matching design in vinyl for her gift bag. Then on Saturday Sarah came over for her first quilting lesson. In some ways she is very patient...in others, not so much. However, she is always determined! She was working on my little Bernina White Pearl and like most machines, the needle threader has its own personality and you need to get acquainted. When she finally got it once, I was ready to move on. She wasn't having it. She had to keep doing it until she conquered it. Reminded me of three year old Sarah learning to tie her shoe laces...all in one day. She did conquer a four patch square for a pot holder up to the binding, which we both wisely agreed to leave for another day! :)

I made a crib sheet for a friend for her grandson who is arriving in July, and will make another in the same fabric she used to make a comforter/quilt...ivory eyelet on one side and a pretty blue with white bear print on the reverse, with a ruffle. After it was almost finished (just the opening to hand stitch closed) she asked if I could put the baby's name on it. So of course that was a much bigger challenge than it would have been on the piece of fabric in the beginning. Thank goodness for my Persona machine. So while I'd like the name a little closer to the corner, it's okay. I will post pictures of these little projects later.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Evening Everyone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll