Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

a change of heart!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Smocking >> a change of heart! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a change of heart! - 5/22/2017 10:37:29 PM   
Janice

My rough and tumble 4 yo granddaughter, Vivian Rose, has changed her mind about "Nana clothes" and is actively asking for more! Now that's some good news!!! I sent this dress before the new attitude, never expecting that she would wear it or like it. But she loves it!! I made it 20 years ago for our godchild and it was returned to me for Vivi to wear. See more photos and read about her new attitude here See a really cute picture of this little dynamo relishing her "strong woman" persona. For some reason I cannot load the picture. The message says it does not support gif/txt/jpg. Huh?

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com
Post #: 1
RE: a change of heart! - 5/22/2017 11:34:16 PM   
MoDo

Oh my gosh! What a face at the breakfast table ! She appears to be a very determined young lady! I am so happy for you that Vivian Rose has changed her mind about the wonderful clothes you make for her!

On a side note: There should be no problem loading a jpg file. Strange that it didn't work for you .

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 2
RE: a change of heart! - 5/23/2017 7:54:07 AM   
Grammie

Wonderful dress and even better story! I LOVE the paddling photo...she really is a gem! So pleased for you that she has decided to love Nana's precious dresses...maybe there is hope for those of us with 4-year-olds who still like jeans & ugly t-shirts?

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 3
RE: a change of heart! - 5/23/2017 3:51:40 PM   
Janice

Grammie, Vivi is a gem and is shows every indication that she will be a strong woman! We’re getting the paddling photo printed and framed. It seems to capture the essence of this child. If our rough and tumble little gal has had a fashion change of heart I think there is hope for the jeans & ugly t-shirts set!

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 4
RE: a change of heart! - 5/23/2017 8:53:41 PM   
caaguirre

I am thrilled for you and with you. So many of us long for that day which never comes. I have one dgd who loved all of her pretty dresses and had photos taken of her wearing all of them and one dgd who won't get out of shorts and ugly tee shirts for anything, well she wore a dress to her brother's wedding but THAT'S IT! I was sorry to read of your troubles with those footprints on the HP shirt, do you think it was ultimately a problem with the size of the design? I've had problems with tiny lettering but another problem with tiny dots turned out to be that my machine needed adjustment. I didn't know that until after I'd experienced what you had, thread breaks, hair tearing, a couple of bad words, etc.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 5
RE: a change of heart! - 5/23/2017 9:02:32 PM   
Janice

MoDo, she is a VERY determined young lady. Difficult as it is to deal with her "determination"now, I think it is a trait that will be an asset as she grows. With regard to the photo not loading, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the picture was taken on a phone? But it was a .jpg. I tried several times. Oh well....

Janice

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
RE: a change of heart! - 5/23/2017 9:46:36 PM   
mizzlilly

Such a cute story and sweet granddaughter! So happy she now loves your beautiful creations!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 7
RE: a change of heart! - 5/24/2017 12:01:43 PM   
Nananeva

Strange what we go thru with our little ones. This Nana has a 6-yr old blonde blue-eyed bombshell that can do anything the boys can do - but it must be done in pink or lavendar, and definitely in ruffles!!!

Neva

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 8
RE: a change of heart! - 5/26/2017 5:02:45 PM   
Janice

Carol, we love our grandchildren whether or not their taste in clothing matches ours, but sewing for one who loves what we make is a special joy. I'm glad to know you have one.
I have concluded that my problems with the glow thread on this design are the result of 3 things. One is that there are sooooo many tie off stitches at the beginning and end of each portion of the footprint. I have to redo that design on another shirt and will remove all but two of those tie offs before I begin. The second reason is that the footprints are so small. On this second shirt, I will enlarge the footprints and perhaps use fewer of them. The third cause of my thread breakage was the 2 layers of knit fuse I used for stabilizer. I think the adhesive and the knit itself created a lot of stress on the exotic thread. Still, I am going to use the same stabilizing technique on the second shirt, hoping that the first two solutions ( fewer tie offs and enlarging the footprints) are enough to give less stress in the sew out. And that, dear Carol, should generate fewer bad words!

< Message edited by Janice -- 5/26/2017 5:06:36 PM >

Janice

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 9
RE: a change of heart! - 5/26/2017 5:08:11 PM   
Janice

Nananeva, I'm pretty sure I love that little girl!

Janice

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 10
RE: a change of heart! - 6/8/2017 6:37:11 AM   
Star01

i am happy that now i am with you in this web site ,, i have read all your posts and stories .. i want to tell you another story of my life just similar to yours....

Ge domains - Cheap domain names

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 11
RE: a change of heart! - 6/8/2017 10:12:53 PM   
caaguirre

Janice, you're so funny! I'm going to keep your instructions in case I run into those problems again. Thanks for the tips and the laugh.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Star01)
Post #: 12
RE: a change of heart! - 6/12/2017 10:05:58 AM   
SewLynn

I love your stories, Janice, that accompany your beautiful sewing projects.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 13
RE: a change of heart! - 7/28/2017 1:40:34 PM   
Linda S.

What a wonderful story and I'm so happy for you about this "change of heart"! It's what
every sewing grannie longs to hear : ) Thanks for sharing!

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 14
RE: a change of heart! - 8/5/2017 1:41:20 AM   
Janice

Star, I'd love to read your story. Is it posted somewhere?

Janice

(in reply to Star01)
Post #: 15
RE: a change of heart! - 8/5/2017 8:00:34 PM   
MoDo

Janice--I could be wrong, but checking Star's info, I do believe she/he is here for SPAM (notice her/his signature line and homepage info). If I am wrong, by apologies.

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 16
RE: a change of heart! - 9/12/2017 12:00:43 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I am waiting for Star to post.... - Janice love the dress story and wow 20 years later.... I also love the picture of her paddling - too funny seeing the prone male.... and the Amazon taking him home. My grand daughter has always had her own sense of fashion so her mother has always let her go with that sense of style - of course the mother is a jeans and tee shirt person so having a daughter who has a strong sense of what she likes likely intimidates mommy. Emily is pint size which was a blessing when at age 5 she wanted a new wardrobe with clothes like the big girls had in grade 6... my DIL could not find a uniform for Emily at major stores and had to scour the bargain basement stores for size 4 or 3X kids had choice Jumper style tunic or skirt and white polo or slacks and white polo... they chose skirt and slacks and they had those inner draw string elastic waist pulled up small enough to fit her waist they made her bum look like she was wearing a diaper. Thankfully none of the big girl styles came in size 4.... gave mom breathing room for her to change her mind.
They went on holidays a few years ago to NC I think to the beach and she tried surf board and insisted that she wanted her bedroom changed to beach theme when she got home... including the surfboard she convinced her daddy to buy for her - she has had him wrapped around her finger for years what a push over he is. Grandson is more laid back and much easier happy go lucky guy who lives for hockey winter hockey summer hockey on the street...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 17
RE: a change of heart! - 9/23/2017 4:54:09 PM   
Linda S.

MoDo, I think you're right about Star. Wait a while and see I guess.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Smocking >> a change of heart! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote