Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Just Curious

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Just Curious Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just Curious - 6/17/2017 5:00:43 PM   
MoDo

For those of you who have taken the online Heirloom Sewing teacher licensing course: Did you find it worth the $500? Have you actually taught courses after taking this? The information says you have access to the videos on the site for a lifetime--can these be downloaded or are you at the mercy of the site actually being solvent for your lifetime??

I'm thinking it would be great to increase my (extremely) basic heirloom sewing skills, especially with a structured course. Any input from those who have already completed this course would be much appreciated! TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Just Curious - 6/18/2017 8:16:57 AM   
Grammie

I did the Serger course on-line and found it well worth the $500. I haven't done the Heirloom one as I have done so many heirloom classes I felt it was just duplication. And, yes, we are at the mercy of the site actually being live for our lifetime! I have gone back and looked at the videos for the serger course - so that too is worthwhile.

Hope someone answers who has done the Heirloom one...

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 2
RE: Just Curious - 6/18/2017 3:46:36 PM   
mizzlilly

I haven't taken any of the MP licensing classes, either online or in person. However, I have taken a couple of Susan Stewart's heirloom classes on Craftsy, as well as her embroidered quilt class. I think she is a wonderful teacher, and while some of the content was familiar to me, some wasn't...its a rare class on anything that doesn't have something new for everyone. I'd recommend you take a look at them, and if they interest you, wait for a sale and then get them. I was especially fond of her class on Madeira applique and can't wait to do the project I have in mind to use it. I don't remember how much the classes are, but if you wait for a sale I'd be surprised if you had to pay more than $50 to $75, maybe less...Craftsy sometimes has all classes for around $20 each. I don't think you can go wrong! Now if you plan to teach, that is another matter. But if this is just to hone your skills for yourself, then I highly recommend it!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Just Curious - 6/18/2017 4:38:35 PM   
MoDo

Oh my gosh!! Thank you, MizLilly!!! I totally forgot that I purchased Susan's Heirloom Sewing class when Craftsy was having a great sale!! In fact, I have five classes that I've never watched . I tend to forget I have them. I shall watch Susan's class before deciding whether to pay the $500 for Martha Pullen's course.

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 4
RE: Just Curious - 6/24/2017 8:07:59 PM   
mizzlilly

I do that too...buy 'em and forget 'em! Overall I've been happy with the Craftsy classes. I can't say everyone has been a winner for me personally, but I've learned something on almost all of them and enjoyed them. I hesitate to say that I've "taken" them since I'm really just watching them, rather than watching and then doing...but I am enjoying and learning.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 5
RE: Just Curious - 6/25/2017 7:32:01 AM   
Grammie

I just purchased Gail Doane's new video on Finishing Touches. I've only watched 4 of the segments but have already learned a lot! Every time I try to get into one of her classes I fail - they fill up so rapidly! I also have another of her video sets but haven't watched that one yet.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 13)!

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Just Curious Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy