Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Jalie Cora Running Tights

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Women's Construction >> Jalie Cora Running Tights Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jalie Cora Running Tights - 6/22/2017 8:01:29 AM   
SewLynn

For my daughter. Main fabric from Fabric Mart, I think - it's been in my stash for a little while, the coordinates picked from the remnant bin at Joann's. This is the test run for fit. They will leave town tomorrow with my son, who is meeting his sister for vacation in Virginia. She tried them on without a waistband when I was visiting in NC - needed more length at the waist but I was leaving the next day so they didn't get finished then. Note: for anyone making this pattern, they run about a size too small, especially at the waist.

This is how sewing for my daughter usually goes ... projects take a bit of time to get through due to the distance between NY and NC!! There's a dress bodice muslin (2nd fitting) headed to Virginia as well.

Anyhow ... they were fun to make, I have plenty of the zebra print left to make something else with.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SewLynn -- 6/22/2017 8:02:28 AM >

Member since 2001.
Post #: 1
RE: Jalie Cora Running Tights - 6/22/2017 9:15:51 AM   
MoDo

That's a wild print !

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 2
RE: Jalie Cora Running Tights - 6/22/2017 4:30:33 PM   
caaguirre

People will see her in her new tights and want them too. You did a great job! I went through the long distance fitting thing too with my dgd, it's a nuisance but worked out in the end with clothes that fit.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 3
RE: Jalie Cora Running Tights - 6/23/2017 10:43:05 AM   
SewLynn

My daughter is happy that the running tights are headed her way, but she is very very excited about the dress - RTW doesn't fit her any better than it fits me. The general shape of our bodies is similar - broad shoulders in the back, shallow chest, large ribcage, and we're curvy! She's quite fit, as I once was. LOL ... when midriffs fit, necklines droop while the back is too taut making the back armhole seams pull, etc. Although, I am well aware that retail wants garments to look good on a hanger and humans are not shaped like hangers!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: Jalie Cora Running Tights - 6/24/2017 3:59:30 PM   
caaguirre

This is the problem I had with my dgd, she was a pre-teen wanting a fitted strapless formal type dress for Halloween. Good thing I made a muslin of the bodice for her to try on because with no bust and a broad back it didn't fit and I didn't know what to do. Thankfully Chris from this forum helped me by suggesting the alterations necessary, so it finally fit just right. You've probably dealt with all of this in your sewing experience and have perfected the changes and can use them for your dd too. Glad your expertise benefits her as well.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 5
RE: Jalie Cora Running Tights - 10/13/2017 4:43:40 PM   
Linda S.

Lynn, I don't know how I missed this but wow! These are SEW cute! You did a good job making
them and I love your fabric prints too. Must have made one little girl very happy : ).

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Women's Construction >> Jalie Cora Running Tights Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy