Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Toronto Creative Festival

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Schools & Events >> Toronto Creative Festival Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Toronto Creative Festival - 7/22/2017 10:52:31 AM   
SewLynn

http://www.csnf.com/fall-show/

Is anyone going, planning to go, been there before?

I'm toying with the idea of the fall show - it's only a 4 hour trip for me, and I have a passport.

Curious to know whether the show is worth 8 hours on the road, and the cost of a hotel room plus event costs. Can't find cost of tickets on the website ... does anyone know what the cost is for a 2-day pass?

Member since 2001.
Post #: 1
RE: Toronto Creative Festival - 7/22/2017 1:44:17 PM   
Grammie

Hi Lynn...I have been to this show for any years - and, yes, the prices are there - try this:

http://www.csnf.com/fall-show/event-info/

I enjoy the show but rarely take any classes. Through the years it has evolved into more of an "other craft" than "sewing" show. Still, there is usually plenty to see and buy - one or two heirloom suppliers, several fabric lines, lots of yarn, etc. and lots of scrapbooking & jewelry design stuff. Most of the major sewing machine companies are there and have good specials as well as notions companies with good prices. I often buy lots of thread & stabilizer as well as any new notion I think I cannot live without. Lillian usually goes and does take classes so perhaps she will chime in here. I will likely go again this year - most likely on the Friday.

If that link doesn't get you to the correct page, just click on the "Information" link at the top of the page. If I remember correctly, a 3 day pass is $30.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 2
RE: Toronto Creative Festival - 7/28/2017 12:39:56 PM   
mizzlilly

I go most years, but not all. I've taken some classes I've really enjoyed, others, not do much. The Puyallup show focuses on education rather than profits...not so here, sad to say...years ago I signed up for a lot of classes. One was an heirloom baby blanket. The class was on either Saturday or Sunday, but they ended up cancelling it for the scheduled day and combining it with a Monday class...yes, they had classes on Mondays for a year or two. But, Rebecca was going on the Monday and I was looking after Jameson. So I told them that wouldn't work for me and I'd like a refund. But!!!!!! they insisted they had a "no refund policy"...but THEY had rescheduled!!! So they told me to choose a different class...but I had already signed up and paid for every single class that interested me...and again said I'd like a refund. No way would they give me back my money! Rebecca ended up taking the class on the Monday. But I considered their policy in those circumstances extremely inane and greedy! The way they handled things after 9/11 was ridiculous too...

So, I do go, but only because it's the only game in town! I've only been to the Toronto and Puyallup shows and there is no comparison! If there are classes you really want to take Lynn, then it would be worth the trip. Ron Collins, Jan Bones, Sandra Betzina are usually there and very worthwhile. Kenneth King is usually there too, and many people love his classes. He is certainly very talented and has innovative ideas, but I don't find it a comfortable fit for me with he and his large ego in the classroom 😏

You will find some worthwhile shopping, especially armed with US$. The Wool Shop, I think it is, has nice garment fabrics, wools of course, and shirting, though some of it is poly cotton. If Bataboff is there, and I expect they will be, they have can't be beat pricing on Isacord thread.

Do try to bring your own lunch...the food choices are slim and the quality poor and the prices outrageous. I couldn't believe it when I heard people complaining about the food and prices in Puyallup...it was gourmet delights compared to Toronto! Do let us know if you decide to go...not my aim to discourage you, just give my honest opinions...I will probably go...

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2016-Sewing

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Toronto Creative Festival - 8/10/2017 11:08:22 AM   
SewLynn

Ugh - spam that stinks.

The only upside here is I had missed Lillian's post.

Thanks Lillian for the honest appraisal. I've been to SewExpo a couple of times - once several years ago and again this year, and even there - more advertising type displays this year than when I went previously. I think I'd be disappointed in the Toronto show if I wasn't prepared ahead of time. It's still on my maybe list. But a lot would depend on my ability to walk around - my back/leg issues would need to be improved significantly (currently doing yet another round of physical therapy).

Member since 2001.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Schools & Events >> Toronto Creative Festival Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy