Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage - 9/2/2017 8:03:22 PM   
LindaTX

My husband tends to obsess over everything. He panics if I even drive in slightly bad weather. Most gas stations do not have gas in our area because the refineries in South Texas were shut down by hurricane Harvey. There are websites and apps that tell which gas stations have gas and what the wait time is. He wants for me to stay home and cancel all of my plans. 6 of the refineries that were shut down are in production. He is more focused on the 10 refineries that are not producing. I have my gas tank 3/4 full. I'm nowhere near running out of gas. I resent his trying to control me because he can't control his own anxiety. We both need prayers

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/
Post #: 1
RE: My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage - 9/3/2017 12:05:11 PM   
Chris Lyon

Ah, yes. Those obsessive personalities can be so trying. He cares about you and your welfare. Try to focus on that. Always praying.

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 2
RE: My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage - 9/3/2017 1:47:58 PM   
caaguirre

Trying times are hard on everyone. You're in my prayers.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 3
RE: My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage - 9/3/2017 9:59:37 PM   
SewLynn

Oh gosh ... I can relate. You have my sympathies and prayers for a balance somewhere in between that you can both live with.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage - 9/12/2017 9:56:39 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Well be thankful that you did not also get hit by IRMA - 60-70% of gas stations in Florida are without gas AND the 3 places that oil tankards could deliver gas ARE DAMAGED it might be weeks till things right themselves so I was thinking that it would not be a bad thing to wait for the next drop in prices and buy 2 more jerry cans and fill up with 2 x 5 gallons of gas - I already have 2 filled but that gas is used for the John Deere for mowing the grass in summer and clearing the snow with the JD PLOW in winter. I really can not stand to be gouged by prices for instances grocery stores last week here in Calgary had no granny smith apples - those are the only apples we get here suitable to make pies - there were Macintosh and golden delicious and delicious and gala apples just no granny smith. There was also no bagged carrots except organic which is what I buy anyway now this week in Ontario they are seeing shortages of fruit and veg that normally come from Florida - we depend on Mexico Arizona and California for imported fruit and veg and perhaps Washington for apples also fruit from BC - I was watching US news and saw peaches and nectarines for sale .99 pound well here they are $3-4 for peaches nectarines plums even apples are 1.77 - $2.
Gas prices jumped at my gas station from 93.9 cents a liter Canadian which was 4.21 a u.s. gallon to 1.09 per liter during Harvey 4.89 u.s. a gallon so to avoid that having extra gas in jerry cans would have tided me over - I still have 1/2 tank in my SUV. If you have the $ and storage to keep a stocked pantry or garage I do not see it as a bad thing... I keep on hand about 1 years supply of Toilet paper at least... Kleenex... 6+ month supply of coffee and staples like tuna canned salmon and some canned meat like chicken/ham peanut butter soups that I use in recipes, detergent for laundry and dishwasher. I only buy these things on sale and here in Canada we see big swings in prices bought 2 pound cans of Maxwell house coffee 5.77 at grocery store Walmarts price was 9.99 and the very day after sale ended at grocery store price was back to 13.99 so more than double - I also keep years supply of maple syrup home made jam sugar flour
of course shampoo conditioner tooth paste bath wash goes without saying. TP best brand on sale is 16 cents a roll .32 double roll but regular price is often beyond .25 single roll 50 cents double. It is bad enough when things like potatoes are $2 a pound and for a few weeks celery was 3.49-3.99 each and 1.29 pound for cabbage and staples like onions and carrots. We are bracing for rise in prices for asparagus, cauliflower broccoli peppers and we wont talk about things like Pecans that are 32.99 a kilo 2.2 pounds and pistachios - walnuts are a bit cheaper and so are almonds. There was a drought here this summer so expect higher prices for flour vegetable oil etc

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My husband is overreacting to the gas shortage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy