Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Boy's pajamas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> Boy's pajamas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Boy's pajamas - 9/7/2017 6:15:47 PM   
Grammie

Recently something came across my e-mail with a darling pattern for pajamas - adaptable for boys or girls. It had nice cuffs at the sleeve & at the hems of the pants. Now I cannot find it and I NEED it!

Anyone else notice this or know what I'm talking about? Max needs new pajamas - not knit ones, percale fabric.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!
Post #: 1
RE: Boy's pajamas - 9/7/2017 7:57:21 PM   
Bobette

Wish I could help you, but I haven't seen it.

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 2
RE: Boy's pajamas - 9/7/2017 9:09:09 PM   
caaguirre

How about this one -http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/sweet-dreams-button-up-pj-set/

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 3
RE: Boy's pajamas - 9/8/2017 8:52:17 AM   
Grammie

Thanks, Carol...I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered where I had seen this pattern. So today I bought it - the one you listed is cute too and less expensive - I was just really focused on the Oliver one!

https://oliverands.com/shop/digital-sleepover-pajamas-sewing-pattern.html

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: Boy's pajamas - 9/8/2017 3:32:33 PM   
aussie

That is a great pattern. I have been looking for one in a small size just like that. Most of them have set in sleeves and it sounds as if this one fits in like a man's shirt sleeve. I have bigger sized patterns with that type of top but have not been able to find small sizes with that sleeve type. What a find!

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 5
RE: Boy's pajamas - 9/17/2017 9:59:17 AM   
SewLynn

Grammie - Oliver and S have such cute patterns!

Carol - those piped PJs at the Peekaboo shop are just adorable.

Both shops have several FREE patterns too!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 6
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/20/2017 4:56:56 AM   
aussie

I am reviving this post once again. I bought that little boys pattern and it worked out great. I have bigger sizes of that style from years past and needed that small size. I sent a box to Houston after the storm with 28 sleepwear sets (various sizes), so that little pattern got used a lot. But this year, and I have never noticed it before, there is a big need in the shelters for jammies for kids. Not sure if it is just my area or across the country. I love making jammies, they give me the warm fuzzies. If anyone has the desire to sew jammies, check around the shelters to see if they are needed. I am just amazed at the requests coming in from various agencies. I don't bother with clothing, there are tons of resale shops with children's clothing, plus the styles change and the mothers want the latest fashion for their children even tho they can't afford it. But, jammies, don't change. Warm, cozy jammies still grab at a child. My motto: every child needs a nice, new, cozy pair of jammies at night. All I could think of was all those children in Houston who had no idea what was happening and where they would be living. Most of the sets I put Christmas designs on them and I received notice that they are being handed out just in time for Christmas. I did not use the pattern for "letting out the sleeves, etc". I would use that feature for a gift or someone I knew. But many of these children in shelters will never benefit from that feature, so just used standard sleeve/leg length. Just gives me a warm feeling knowing they are truly needed and I know I can help.

Merry Christmas
Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 7
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/20/2017 10:41:50 AM   
Linda S.

Carol, Do I understand you to say you made 28 pairs of P.J.'s? What a wonderful thing to do.
I've never thought about shelters needing P.J.'s but this is such a nice thing for little ones
especially. Sleeping in clothes is sure not comfortable.

May I ask if this is a continuing ministry and if so, who is asking for P.J.'s?

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 8
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/20/2017 2:46:21 PM   
aussie

Where I live, the food bank is asking for warm clothing including jammies, blankets, pillows, etc. I have made them for the Indian children in South Dakota. And now our church is asking for them for a family shelter, where families reside until they are able to be on their own. Everyone is so dang busy buying all these new toys for shelters and these children need jammies, socks, etc. I won't get into that toy shopping, but I will devote my time to sewing warm clothing. Wherever you are located, look for shelters, Salvation Army might give you some info, Catholic Charities. I work in a reading program as a volunteer. Today the little hispanic girl came in with a cotton, sleeveless, scoop neck dress. A dress that is summer stuff. But she had tights and boots up to her knees. But the rest of her body had light cotton or nothing. But she has pierced earrings and necklace on. These children need the bare necessities, not all that fancy stuff. And she sat there sniffling and blowing her nose. Surprised???? I can't seem to build my stash of items anymore. I get a few pair made and then someone is telling me about needy children, so then I go Fed Ex the stuff if not local. After all this toy shopping and giving is over and the toys are broken and the people go home, then what? The children have nothing and people who think they have done a charitable thing go home to their family until next year. Not knocking the toy drives but it is way over done around here. I know not all people can pick up a piece of fabric and create something as we all do on this forum, I guess toy shopping is their way of helping. Sorry to go on about this topic, but there are some very needy children out there.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 9
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/20/2017 8:59:37 PM   
caaguirre

Carol, thank you so much for pointing us to this need. I've never thought about pjs or underwear, which I think I remember you sewing too. Do you make the button down the front with a collar pj tops or the pull over type? What sizes seem to be needed the most? I still have lots of flannel and would like to use it on pjs too.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 10
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/21/2017 5:02:26 AM   
aussie

If you look at the Oliverands pattern mentioned above, that is the one I purchased plus I have bigger sizes from years back. They are old patterns (35 cents), remember those? But I bought the Oliver pattern in the small size so I would have a range of patterns. There is no collar, just a band and button down the front. Just a basic pajama. I make whatever size I have fabric. If a big piece of fabric, I make a big size and then use the remainder for smaller sizes. Mix and match flannels and colors. Whenever I have seen the request for jammies, no specific size is mentioned. For the big boys, I generally make the bottoms as they probably have plenty tees floating around. Yes, I made a huge number of underwear early this year. I need to get that pattern out and start on that project again. No size requested, just make what the fabric determines. You have to love doing this project as each item speaks "warmth" to a child.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 11
RE: Boy's pajamas - 12/21/2017 9:33:27 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you, Carol. This is how I determine the size of the flannel blankets I make - by the size of the yardage I have. The Oliver+S pattern is similar to the ones I have except the front doesn't open all the way down so they slip over the head and have about 3-4 buttons on the opening. As soon as Christmas is over I'm going through my flannel again looking for goodies. Thanks again,

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> Boy's pajamas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll