Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Serger Online Course

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Serger Online Course Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serger Online Course - 9/24/2017 3:12:55 PM   
Bonita

Has anyone taken the Serger Online Course in the past. If so, do you have to complete the required projects even if you do not intend to teach?
I feel the price is right for what is included according to what I am reading, I just wish they would show more individual pictures up close of each of the projects offered. Any comments would be helpful in helping me decide if I want to sign up.

Bonita from Southwest WI
Post #: 1
RE: Serger Online Course - 9/24/2017 4:47:11 PM   
Grammie

I took a previous course and yes, you need to do all the projects if you want the certificate. However, if that isn't important to you, you will get all the instructions for all the projects once you pay for the course.

I loved it!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 4 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 2
RE: Serger Online Course - 9/24/2017 4:54:49 PM   
Genene

Bonita, I haven't registered for the latest MP Serger Certification online, but I have taken all the other certifications. If you want to receive
the certification you must complete all the required projects within the designated time. If you are just taking the course for personal development
and are not concerned with the certification there is no requirement to complete or submit anything really.
You could simply sign up for the course download your class materials, instructions and watch all the videos without completely a single one.
It's not like they are going to hassle you about it. You would not be receiving feedback from the instructors if you did not submit projects for
evaluation, but if that is not important to you then that would not be a worry either. Basically, if you pay the course fee, you will have access
to everything- patterns, videos, instructions, but no one is going to get ugly with you about submitting your projects. It is 100% up to you as
to whether you complete the projects or not.
I would suggest that if you purchase the course, you will get far more out of it if you do complete the required projects and some of the bonus
projects. The videos present the techniques to you, but the actual learning comes in to play when you do the technique yourself. Whether you submit
the project for a 'grade'/evaluation or not is up to you.

Genene

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 3
RE: Serger Online Course - 9/26/2017 8:51:04 AM   
Bonita

Thank you for your information, this will make it easier for me to decide what I will do. I guess my biggest concern will be if I will have to order extra supplies to complete the projects.
I do have a small stash of Martha's fabrics she offered before she sold out. I am semi-retired and living on SS with an occasional pay check for a day or two of work so not a lot of extra
green. I have the Babylock Evolution Serger and have not done much more than basic serging and would like to get use to using all those 16 feet that came with it. So thanks again for
your input.

(in reply to Genene)
Post #: 4
RE: Serger Online Course - 9/26/2017 9:06:18 PM   
caaguirre

Sticking my two cents in here - is there a less expensive way to learn about your serger? You Tube has so many educational videos and Craftsy or some of the other similar websites might offer lessons too. I didn't know there are 16 serger feet available let alone know how to use most of them. https://babylock.com/ftp/whitepapers/LNIS_BLES8FTKIT_instructns.pdf Here's lessons for the Ovation feet, it must be somewhat the same. http://media.sewathomeclasses.com/class-notes/CourseCatalog Here's one on sew-at-home classes. Google Babylock Evolution feet to see what's available.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 5
RE: Serger Online Course - 9/29/2017 7:58:33 AM   
gillie

I agree with Carol, I think Crafty has some classes and I think it is Sue Green who teaches some classes for Babylock. There is a Babylock Facebook page and a Yahoo group. Anything on Crafty you can keep going back if you haven't used the foot in a while. Lots of on line now and much cheaper.

Gillie

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [MPC News & Updates] >> Teacher Licensing >> Serger Online Course Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy