Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Not a book, a movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> Not a book, a movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not a book, a movie - 10/2/2017 10:55:43 PM   
caaguirre

Just watched Hacksaw Ridge and thought it was the best movie I've seen in a long, long time. I know I'm late in seeing it, but I always wait until movies come out on DVD to watch at home. Anyone else enjoy this movie? I you decide to see it, be sure to watch all the way through the credits so you can see photos of the real person portrayed in the movie.

Happy Sewing, Carol
Post #: 1
RE: Not a book, a movie - 10/6/2017 8:16:26 AM   
KarenVA

I love movies based on true stories--I'll put this on my list!! Thanks!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 2
RE: Not a book, a movie - 10/6/2017 5:24:56 PM   
Linda S.

Carol, This sounds familiar but I'm not sure if I've seen it or not. Can you tell me what
the movie is about, basically? It's getting harder and harder to find a movie I can watch
these days. Flipping through hundreds of TV channels, it's rare to find one I sit through
til the end. Too much violence, sex, and just plain ugly plots. I've always wondered why
an author would write a fictional movie, able to imagine any ending they please, and
yet so many have endings that make me cry!

Wow, I sure digressed on that topic! Anyway, I'd love to know if this is a good movie.
True stories sometimes have real life bad stuff in them, and they don't always end well....
but that's different. At least it is to me : )

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 3
RE: Not a book, a movie - 10/6/2017 10:26:06 PM   
caaguirre

Sure, this is based on the true story of a conscientious objector in WWII. He served on the battlefield as a medic but wouldn't fight due to his religious beliefs. He becomes the first person to ever win the Medal of Honor without firing a shot. I don't remember much cussing (no f words) but the battle scenes can be pretty graphic. All in all pretty clean and inspirational. I loved it and I'm not a war movie fan.

I agree with you on the difficulty in finding a good movie. When I think I might like a movie, I go to the IMDb website, type in the movie name, find the spot on the page where it says "More", click on it and click on "Parents Guide". That will give a rundown of what might be objectionable content so I can tell right away if I'm going to watch it or not. I refuse to fill my mind with the sex, cursing, and ugliness found in so many current movies. Violence doesn't bother me as much depending on the context, I don't watch slasher type movies anyway so usually it's not an issue with me.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> Not a book, a movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy