Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Podcast with Eleanor Burns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Podcast with Eleanor Burns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Podcast with Eleanor Burns - 10/16/2017 4:59:49 PM   
caaguirre

https://www.podbean.com/media/player/audio/postId/7860223?url=https%3A%2F%2Fabbyglassenberg.podbean.com%2Fe%2Fepisode-107-eleanor-burns%2F

If you like Eleanor Burns, you'll probably enjoy this podcast with Abby Glassenberg and Eleanor. It's a nice bio of her life and business.

Nancy Zieman, Eleanor Burns, and Martha Pullen are the three most instrumental teachers in my sewing and quilting life and I love each of them.

Happy Sewing, Carol
Post #: 1
RE: Podcast with Eleanor Burns - 10/18/2017 8:15:34 AM   
KarenVA

Thanks, Carol!!! I've never watched a podcast before--very cool.

We took a road trip a few weeks ago--to the Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY!!! We read about the quilt show in the Sunday paper. My sweetie had a hole in his schedule, so he said "let's go"!! We drove from Virginia through beautiful Tennessee to Paducah. The town is an amazing place--quaint and full of art and artisans. BUT, the museum is awesome!! The quilts are such works of art--so inspiring!! And, I got to visit Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day store--just missed seeing her by a few minutes!! I LOVE how she always tosses her scraps over her shoulder and keeps on going!! LOL Hancock's of Paducah is the biggest fabric store I've been in since going to Gruber's in Minnesota!! It was a great trip! Here are some of my treasures from the trip!

Attachment (1)

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 2
RE: Podcast with Eleanor Burns - 10/18/2017 1:31:00 PM   
caaguirre

A podcast is audio only, no video but it's fun to listen to anyway. El explains the throwing fabric over her shoulder in the discussion as well as many other background stories.

I'm green with envy - what a fantastic experience to visit the Museum. I can only imagine the spectacular quilts on display and the inspiration you got by seeing them. Now to put all of your new treasures to work, have a great time

!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ2brz3r4k4 Did you see this short video showcasing some of the quilts made from your new book, Quilts from El's Attic?

< Message edited by caaguirre -- 10/18/2017 2:02:21 PM >

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Podcast with Eleanor Burns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message