Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Urgent prayers for safety

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Urgent prayers for safety Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Urgent prayers for safety - 12/7/2017 3:00:36 AM   
Chris Lyon

I live in a valley that is surrounded by fire. There are no roads open to get out any more. Those who did not leave already are trapped. Please pray for God's mercy.
Post #: 1
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/7/2017 3:37:38 AM   
Bobette

Chris - the scenes that we see on tv are horrific. Father God, stop the fires that are raging in California. Send rain to help the firefighters distinguish the flames that are burning people's homes. May a way for those who stayed behind to now have a clear path to leave for their safety. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.
Chris - I assume that you left your home and in a safe place. I can't imagine how terrible all this looks and feels like. Take care of yourself!!

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 2
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/7/2017 3:03:17 PM   
caaguirre

I've been praying for all who are affected by these terrible fires, I hope you're in a safe place. Aren't you in the Santa Barbara area? I didn't know the fires are there but there are so many burning I've lost track of all of them. Continuing prayers.

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 3
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/7/2017 8:02:30 PM   
NormaK

I've been praying. I was wondering if you were home and if it was affecting your area. I pray you are safe and that the Lord will be abundant in mercy.

My Ddil grew up in Ventura County. It's a terrible thing just to watch from afar.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/7/2017 11:27:20 PM   
SewLynn

Dear Lord ... we are praying for rain in California for those surrounding by raging fires. We pray to keep people safe and we pray for the safety of all of their loved ones.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 5
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/8/2017 2:48:03 AM   
Chris Lyon

I live in the Ojai Valley. The fire completely surrounded the valley and cut off any exit roads for a while. I am in an evacuation area but I was not there when we were evacuated. Good because I am in a safe place. Bad because I was not there to get anything out of my house. Last I knew my house was still standing, but I will undoubtedly lose most of my garden. The intense heat and ash is not good for plants and trees.

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/8/2017 9:40:23 AM   
NormaK

Thank you, Chris, for the update. I'm so very glad you are in a safe location. Prayers continue. May the Lord be merciful to you and to others affected by such terrible fires. I pray your house will be spared.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 7
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/8/2017 2:07:07 PM   
DDinDFW

Continued prayers.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 8
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/9/2017 9:07:18 AM   
Daylily430

Chris, my prayers are with you and everyone affected by these fires. What we see on the news is devastating & heartbreaking.

Ellen
Blog www.seamsandfinishes.com

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 9
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/9/2017 11:28:52 PM   
MoDo

These fires are unbelievable! I am thankful that my family and friends are not in any of the affected areas, but with the winds you never know which way these things will turn. May God be merciful and allow these fires to be extinguished soon!!

(in reply to Daylily430)
Post #: 10
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/11/2017 9:17:50 AM   
Chris Lyon

It seems that my house is safe, as are the homes in most of the town. Some of the houses on the hillsides burned and I think most of the canyon is gone. Still, I don't think there has been any loss of life. I have very limited Internet access still, so I am not totally sure. It sounds like the community is coming together. Now the fire is headed up the coast. God protect all in its path.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 11
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/11/2017 11:37:38 AM   
Linda S.

Thank you for the update Chris and I'm so glad to know your house is safe. Thank God you got
out when you did. Hopefully there will be good news on the fires in general, but pray God will send rain
in abundance soon. I'll be praying.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 12
RE: Urgent prayers for safety - 12/11/2017 2:21:23 PM   
caaguirre

So happy your house is still standing, God bless all who have experienced losses from these devastating fires.

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Urgent prayers for safety Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2017 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy