Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: OT very cold here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: OT very cold here Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT very cold here - 12/14/2017 8:57:06 PM   
Fancy Stitches

I feel like such a wimp! It's been in the high 20's F here in the Annapolis, Maryland area, and I just hate it...the wind just seems to go right thru anything one wears. So I tend to hibernate as much as I can. When I read about the temperatures you gals have in Canada and upstate New York...Wow! I will think of you next time I begin to complain.

Barbara

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 21
RE: OT very cold here - 12/17/2017 1:25:41 PM   
ssstitches

Count me in too!! Sounds like fun. I am trying to get a trip to Both of those places Grammie!

Hard to believe, Barbara, we are probably heading to move north to Northern Virginia from milder NC.
Guess it is time to live closer to our kids. Will miss our beach though.

Martha

< Message edited by ssstitches -- 12/17/2017 1:27:28 PM >

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 22
RE: OT very cold here - 12/19/2017 7:09:58 PM   
Bryhdiesnanna

Here in Queensland Australia we are having very hot weather but Sydney NSW is worse with a predicted temp of 43 celsius, that's around 104f.

Vada

Post #: 23
RE: OT very cold here - 12/19/2017 8:58:21 PM   
caaguirre

Hard to think of snow and warm socks when it's 104 in Australia. My dgs married a wonderful Australian girl who moved to America after the wedding. She's still getting used to Christmas being in winter weather.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Bryhdiesnanna)
Post #: 24
RE: OT very cold here - 12/20/2017 12:16:36 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Vada more like 116f - it is cold here but to warm up a bit tomorrow - minus 10c 12f and we had a foot of snow... omg... twice I went out yesterday to clear some of the snow - before dinner and while it was in the oven just could not keep up day before had cleared ab out 5 inches of snow from the wide part of the driveway 50 feet x at least 60 feet....tomorrow is winter solstice and already I HATE WINTER

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 25
RE: OT very cold here - 12/20/2017 12:19:21 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Actually just checked 110f we had days in summer when we had 43c it was toooo hot to go out on the deck had to keep hosing down the deck it has a vinyl coating duradeck too hot for doggy paws so I put out a room size rug on the deck under the patio table at least the dogs would have someplace to run from wet deck to carpet... we really did not spend much time outside

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 26
RE: OT very cold here - 12/21/2017 10:34:02 AM   
mari

In the sunny south the temp today will be close to 70. We have had a few cool snaps but then it's back to late summer. who knows how to dress or what one will need to have to for any event if you venture from the house. Winter clothes are too hot, summer clothes look stupid and fall and spring too hot also as they seem to be made of warm fabrics . If you dare wear a sweater/warm fabric to church or someplace the heat will be blasting and older women with broken thermostats are out of luck. lol I think we will be jumping back to a cool snap Christmas day. who knows

Post #: 27
RE: OT very cold here - 12/22/2017 7:23:39 AM   
Bryhdiesnanna

Been very hot and humid here again today. Christmas Day has been forecast to be a scorcher here in South East Queensland. I will be spending the day at Vanesa's and Matt's, they live in a complex of townhouses, theirs is air conditioned, thank goodness, there is also a pool. We do not have hot food, instead we have seafood, I will be getting prawns straight from the trawler, super fresh also oysters and cold cooked ham with lots of salads. I have also cooked a pudding in cloth (my mothers recipe) and will be making trifle, Vanessa's favourite.

Vada

(in reply to mari)
Post #: 28
RE: OT very cold here - 12/30/2017 8:31:22 PM   
JR

I feel like I live at the North Pole. Begin to wonder if Santa took me back to visit Mrs. Claus for a while!! Counting the days to spring!!

JR

Post #: 29
RE: OT very cold here - 12/31/2017 1:57:09 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

MINUS 32.5 with -40 windchill.... plus we had about a foot of snow few days ago just got the driveway cleared by a service with a 350truck and hydraulic power..... too cold even for a John Deere. snow was to top of porch normally 2 steps to driveway too deep for very small dogs it would be up to their ears... may this be the last of the cold and snow for a while... cant afford too many days like we have had - then we hear of gas shortages for heat - what????? thank God I have 2 cords of wood... in case you never know...

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 30
RE: OT very cold here - 12/31/2017 3:09:33 PM   
Nananeva

I am afraid we are getting into a drought. No snow yet! It is 58 right now. Without winter snow, there is no irrigation for farming.

Neva

Post #: 31
RE: OT very cold here - 12/31/2017 4:22:04 PM   
mizzlilly

Got colder here too. Not sure quite how cold it was this morning...but around -22 or colder. With it this cold in December, I shudder to think how cold it will be in January and February, since those are usually the coldest months. I should get my building permit Tuesday. Perfect weather for building. Such an exercise in nonsense and futility with having to go through all of this. Otherwise my new space would have been finished, or almost finished!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 32
RE: OT very cold here - 12/31/2017 6:35:30 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Neva I could send you plenty snow and plenty of cold.... sick of it already. Snow paclked in beside the garage and huge piles bottom of driveway reminds me of Walmart parking lot mountains of snow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 33
RE: OT very cold here - 12/31/2017 8:16:15 PM   
DDinDFW

It's turned cold here in TX, too. 25ish now, with wind chills in the teens. I think I heard it will be Wednesday before above freezing. We have a few of these cold spells most winters. Ice on the roads earlier, but it's supposed to evaporate and be safe on the roads tomorrow. Looking forward to the 60s forecast for next Sunday.

Dana, mom of two young men

Post #: 34
RE: OT very cold here - 1/1/2018 1:00:06 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Heat wave -9c that is 14f and even the dogs are happy they have run out on their own several times way down the driveway - when I went to bed lastnight it was -30 with wind chill -40f but it was -18 when I got up so warmed up during the night. I have a box out on the porch 2 big frozen turkey's so I can expect a heat wave any day now...

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 35
RE: OT very cold here - 1/1/2018 4:00:01 PM   
mizzlilly

We’ve got more snow than you do Shirley. Dana, we were in Texas about 1989 or 1990, in December. We were visiting the house from the Dallas TV show and they had an oil rig mock-up in the back...it was so cold! Biting wind, snow, cold! Not what we expected in Texas! Iced over underpasses, and tricky driving, especially for people not used to driving in such weather. When we got to San Antonio they’d had a frost and all the plants on the river walk had frozen and were sagging limply, very sad looking.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

Post #: 36
RE: OT very cold here - 1/1/2018 5:07:35 PM   
DDinDFW

Yes, Lillian, sounds just like what we had on Sunday.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 37
RE: OT very cold here - 1/2/2018 9:04:51 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

It was sssoooooo cold here that all the stores put their poinsettia plants 50% off - are you kidding me these plants originated in MEXICO they would be dead even if I had a chauffeur to bring the car to the store front one gust of that bitter cold air would have the petals curling and dark.... sad sad sad but no way to safely transport them.... I never bag bananas but believe me I put them in a big plastic heavier type bag forget what the grocer intended that I put in them but not the flimsy plastic on the rolls - blew some hot air into the bag and quickly twist tied the bananas... otherwise really nice almost yellow bananas will arrive home with nasty brown spreading from the cold. thanks to the cold last 2 weeks I have 2 outdoor 50x10 foot freezers and a covered walk out freezer 20x10 but whenever I think I can count on those dam outdoor cooling devices - almost instantly the weather changes.... usually within 2 days... it was -40 New Years Eve last night it was -2 at 4am but all the brutal cold made it's way EAST Montreal is getting it now

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: OT very cold here Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy