Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Babylock problem solved

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Babylock problem solved Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Babylock problem solved - 12/21/2017 12:27:45 PM   
Penny Hal

I just bought a Babylock Destiny2 yesterday. I bought a BlJourney 1 1/2 years ago. It was fine for a while, but then started pulling the bobbin thread up, or the top thread down, and thread nests galore. I took it to the shop 6 times since May, replaced the bobbin case two times, and spent hours at the shop with the gal there and stitched designs out on my machine so she could help me figure it out. We never could. If I hear the phrase "owner error" one more time in my life from the shop, I'll go beserk.

Anyhow, I couldn't use a machine that didn't work, so I just traded it in for a new one. I tried it out and it works perfectly. While my solution is not the one I preferred, I'm happy with it.

The moral of this story is that just because the shop can't fix a problem, that doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/21/2017 1:17:25 PM   
KarenVA

HAHAHA Good for you--goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat!! I can't wait to see all the lovely things you make with your new machine!!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/21/2017 9:24:20 PM   
caaguirre

Hope ME becomes a pleasure once again instead of a nightmare. I agree with you 100%, it's only sometimes that the problem is owner error but of course that's where they go first in problem solving. Congratulations on your new machine and have fun!

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 3
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/22/2017 10:54:06 AM   
Linda S.

It sounds to me like you bought a lemon....shouldn't the dealer have simply ordered
another machine for you and sent the first one back to the company? Sorry, but that
wouldn't set well with me.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/22/2017 12:39:57 PM   
Penny Hal

Doesn't set well with me either.

If the repair guy says that nothing is wrong with the machine, you're stuck. They first have to acknowledge the problem instead of saying "user error."

Penny

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 5
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/22/2017 10:03:56 PM   
Fancy Stitches

I hope you will love your new machine, Penny. I can imagine how frustrating it was trying to get your old machine fixed properly and being blamed for its malfunctioning! I would have thought twice before buying from the same dealer. In any case, I hope you LOVE your Destiny 2 and that you have only wonderful stitching sessions with her!

Barbara

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 6
RE: Babylock problem solved - 12/30/2017 1:30:32 PM   
Penny Hal

Well, this dealer only has Berninas and Babylocks. It was imply cheaper to buy the BL from this dealer than going to a different one. I don't think it's the dealer's fault, but BL's because I'm not the only one with this problem. BL knows about the problem too!!! My new machine is working perfectly.

Penny

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Babylock problem solved Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy