Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

A New Babylock Imagine!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> A New Babylock Imagine!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 3:41:15 PM   
Linda S.

Guess what Santa brought for me...a wonderful new serger. I was pretty
surprised, because I thought hubby had forgotten my subtle little hints about
wanting a new serger ; ). Just tiny hints like, "I could throw this worthless old serger
out the window!" and "This serger is so frustrating". LOL!!!

Anyway, I'm over-the-moon happy with this fabulous gift. The old serger actually
worked fine, but I hate fiddling with those tensions (all my problems were user error ; ).
And I was told by the girls at the dealer (who all have one) that tension problems
are a thing of the past with this one. Sure hope they're right...that sounds too good
to be true.

Does anyone else here have one? Do you like it? Any tips for me? TIA : )
Post #: 1
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 4:21:10 PM   
Linda S.

Oh! How could I forget....it came with a Babylock steamer on a stand and also a dress
form. However, the dress form is enormous....and wouldn't be of any use to me. I haven't
closely inspected, but don't think I can adjust the form enough to replicate my size
(I wear a size 8 in ready-to-wear). The steamer is a real plus though!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 2
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 7:03:52 PM   
DonnaSewsAgain

How exciting, Linda! Keep us posted as you learn more about it!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 3
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 9:02:03 PM   
caaguirre

I'm thrilled for you, what a thoughtful husband you have. Of course, now you must spoil him on his birthday. Enjoy your new machine and steamer, I wonder if the shop would exchange the dress form for a smaller one?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to DonnaSewsAgain)
Post #: 4
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 9:37:43 PM   
Nananeva

I got my Imagine serger last February. It is fantastic! I got a BL Destiny II emb machine the same time, and haven't used the serger as much as some people do. But it has been wonderful when it was needed. So EASY to use. Did you get the extra presser feet with it? I haven't done anything with them yet.

Neva

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/28/2017 10:29:39 PM   
MoDo

Oh, Linda!! This is just fantastic!! Do let us all know how you like your new serger and steamer!! Pictures of any new projects are always welcomed !!!!

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/29/2017 11:39:42 AM   
mizzlilly

How wonderful! Fabulous machine...you will be so happy with it. I had an Imagine but traded it in on the Enlighten...just a bit different. There are some good info online and a yahoo group I mostly like 😏. They have rather extreme rules on the mention of prices of anything. But very good info.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 7
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/29/2017 12:13:28 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

MY JANO ME 234D I GOT WITH Janome 8000 combo machine in 1989 - the serger works just fine if you have the patience and are not in a hurry but the BABYLOCK IMAGINE IS AMAZING - my husband bought it years ago for Christmas and threaded it for me... prior to buying it he had never heard of a serger so it is that easy to thread.... I hope that it came with the laminated card for settings so handy.... if you want to try it with rolled hem to make crepe like scarves things that are prone to pokies using wash away solvy with the fabric sandwiched makes for a much nicer project. You will love this serger... very handy to keep your old one threaded in neutral beige to serge ends of fabric before washing.... or other non project uses...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 8
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/29/2017 1:14:08 PM   
Penny Hal

I have the old Babylock Evolve. I love the ease of threading with these machines.

There are a few things I'd change about it and make me want to trade it in on a new one. The space of the throat is too small for me, but I think they improved it on your newer model. I have problems with thread fallilng off the fabric, especially when going around curves. I have to be very careful to go slow and get the fabric perfectly placed. No one else seems to have this problem or so they say. The biggest issueI have with it is getting the width of the stitches to be the size I want. Someone in a Babylock Yahoo group helped me with that, and my Bernina does a better job with that. The plastic on mine has yellowed terribly. I hope that they have fixed that too.

Having said all that, it does do a fantastic rolled hem aon thin and fine fabrics! Used it to do sheers on my windows.

Penny

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 9
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/30/2017 10:23:11 AM   
Linda S.

Thanks so much everyone! I have a lesson next week, which I will appreciate but I think this
one is easy enough I can figure it out by myself.

I still can hardly believe I won't have to be messing with those tensions all the time! How on
earth did they manage that lol! That's been my big complaint about sergers all along. And if
I didn't get it adjusted perfectly perfect, it wouldn't stitch. My old babylock didn't have differential
feed which kept me from sewing a lot of knits, so honestly I didn't use it often. My Janome 8000
has a very nice stitch for finishing seams, and of course I was focused on heirloom (wovens) sewing
for so long I didn't need a serger very often.

Hubby got me a Babylock coverstitch machine last year, but since I didn't have a serger I liked to
use, I didn't use the coverstitch either...now I will : ). I'm excited to make T-shirts (that fit!) and
other knit clothes that are so popular and comfy.

Mizlilly, may I ask what your new Enlighten has that is different from the Imagine? I can't "imagine"
a serger having more wonderful points than this one lol!

Shirley, thanks for the narrow rolled edge tip. I will have to learn how to use a serger all over
again. And it's been 30 years since I used one often...there are many new helpful products
available now, that I didn't have back then.

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 10
RE: A New Babylock Imagine!!! - 12/30/2017 12:43:04 PM   
mizzlilly

Well, they changed the needle threader, but IMHO the one on the Imagine is far superior! The Enlighten does have improved lighting, and it threads both loopers at once. The lighting is great, the threading both at once is fine, but not a big deal. Also, they changed something else that means it is easier to handle sharp curves...but I can’t remember the details on the change...but it is an improvement. For me the lighting is the big deal with my eyes!

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> A New Babylock Imagine!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy