Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Mudslides

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Mudslides Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mudslides - 1/9/2018 1:28:05 PM   
Chris Lyon

Now that the fire has burned all the ground cover from the hills, they are sliding into the creeks and the houses that weren't burned down. People don't seem to take the warnings about mudslides as seriously as they did the actual fire. Five people have died all ready on the first day of the slides. The authorities are sending emergency, mandatory evacuation orders to our cell phones, but people aren't paying attention like they should. This endangers not only the people themselves but the rescuers who must risk there own lives because others didn't heed the warnings. Please pray not only for God's mercy from this new natural disaster but that good sense will prevail and prevent more loss of life.
Post #: 1
RE: Mudslides - 1/9/2018 7:21:09 PM   
gillie

Prayers for all Chris. I saw a little on the news. Keep safe yourself.

Gillie

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 2
RE: Mudslides - 1/9/2018 8:25:22 PM   
Chris Lyon

Please pray for the repose of the soul of my friend Roy who was killed in the mudslides. I still have not heard any news on his wife. I will add names as they become available. Apparently it wasn't that people didn't evacuate. The authorities misjudged where the mudslide and flooding would be. The area that was hit was never put under an evacuation order. Many people are trapped without rescue workers being able to get to them. May God have mercy.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 3
RE: Mudslides - 1/9/2018 8:50:30 PM   
caaguirre

I just saw film of this on the evening news, what a disaster. I'm so thankful for the rain but hate what it's done to these burn areas. So sorry about your friend and hope his wife is all right. Praying for the situation that is affecting so many in these neighborhoods.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 4
RE: Mudslides - 1/10/2018 9:08:31 PM   
NormaK

So sad! God, please help all these people and rescue workers who are being affected by these new disasters. Please comfort those who loved Roy, and especially his wife, if she has escaped the danger.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: Mudslides - 1/12/2018 10:00:27 PM   
caaguirre

Chris, I was watching Martha McCallum's program on Fox News tonight where she did a segment on some of the lives lost in the Montecito mudslides. One of the lives honored was Roy, which from the description of his life is probably the friend you lost in the slide. It was a nice tribute and if you don't see the program, it might be available on their website or YouTube. She didn't mention his wife so I'm guessing she made it through all right. I hope so.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 6
RE: Mudslides - 1/13/2018 10:48:11 AM   
Chris Lyon

His wife was injured, but not severely. Another of those killed was my doctor. He was not only highly skilled, he was a caring, compassionate man. I know there are more to come. The freeway is closed indefinitely. They are still finding bodies in the muck, and I suspect there is some concern for disease.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 7
RE: Mudslides - 1/14/2018 5:35:46 PM   
NormaK

I am so sorry to learn of the death of your doctor. I am thankful to the Lord that Roy's wife survived. It is so sad that the evacuation orders were not accurate.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 8
RE: Mudslides - 1/18/2018 5:35:27 AM   
shubhkr

Pray for happy life.

Life Insurance Company

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Mudslides Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy