Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: What is everyone working on?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> RE: What is everyone working on? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What is everyone working on? - 1/22/2018 9:06:34 PM   
caaguirre

Oh Norma, please do post a photo when you can, I love beautiful nightgowns. Made myself a couple of flannies last fall but just boring ole nightshirt types, nothing pretty. Let me live vicariously through your work.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 21
RE: What is everyone working on? - 1/23/2018 10:33:07 AM   
Linda S.

Norma, This sounds beautiful! I can't wait to see it when you're done. I just
love to sleep in a soft gown.

I've been wanting to make myself a gown and robe for the longest time, out of
batiste. Hubby gifted me a robe and gown set years ago that was made from
soft batiste and it was soooo comfortable to wear. Beautiful too, with pretty
embroidery all around.

I finally wore it out and have been wanting another set like it, ever since. But
similar ones I've seen in shops and online are SO expensive. My goodness, one
would think they used pure gold thread lol! I have a vintage pattern that will
work well, and I think enough white batiste too...this is going to take at least
5 yards for the full, long skirt and robe.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 22
RE: What is everyone working on? - 1/25/2018 12:48:07 PM   
vpenner

Linda S, thank you very much for the link. I got around to watching it recently, and it was very helpful. Even though the model depicted was a Brother and mine is a Janome, the bobbin case is the same. The only difference is that my cover is one piece as opposed to the two-piece cover on the Brother. I think my problem is exactly as he mentions. Something happens with the upper thread (in my case, the thread escapes the tension arm very easily), and the resulting jam causes the bobbin case to discombobulate. I needed the reminder to make sure those little arrows are aligned when replacing the bobbin case!!

Mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (28)

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 23
RE: What is everyone working on? - 1/25/2018 4:44:26 PM   
SewLynn

I'm just back from NC and working on organizing my sewing room and to-do spreadsheet, and doing some prep work so I can move forward about 2 weeks from now. In the meantime, the guy in my life is about to be discharged from a rehab facility after knee replacement surgery. He will stay with me a few days before he goes back to his place independently. I'll squeeze some little things in between now and next week, but I can't get into anything too involved. Knowing him, he'll keep himself real busy making up for 'lost time'!! He volunteers and is involved with a couple of Legion posts. My life will be mine again! LOL ...

Member since 2001.

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> RE: What is everyone working on? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy