Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Toothbrush Roll-up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Toothbrush Roll-up Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 9:08:50 AM   
Grammie

The design file I have for this was a freebie back in 2007 from "Sewing for Sarah". Not sure if it is still available.

Attachment (1)

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 24 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)!
Post #: 1
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 9:11:00 AM   
Grammie

Obviously, I didn't have a child-size toothbrush so used my seam ripper to demonstrate. I've now ordered toothbrushes.

Here is the roll-up all rolled-up!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 2
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 9:59:46 AM   
Linda S.

Cute! Someone's going to love this and it might make brushing their teeth more
fun too : )

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 12:47:15 PM   
caaguirre

How fun and perfect for travel. It would also make a good gift for the tooth fairy to leave with some paper money tucked into one of the pockets. Just an idea.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 4
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 1:23:08 PM   
Grammie

Great idea, carol...I had thought about tucking in a small chocolate bar as I am making 18 of these for my grandson's 2nd grade class for Valentine's Day. I'll make those out of red gingham with a white lining so I can add a heart and "From Max" to the gift.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 4:03:13 PM   
Penny Hal

Thanks for sharing such a great idea! Easy way to keep them together.

Penny

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 6
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/17/2018 6:19:21 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I think that if you hit a 50cent sale on Colgate this would be a great gift for the Homeless.... the size can be enlarged a bit to accommodate adult size. But the kids would love this gift from Max... Thanks to Sarah...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 7
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/18/2018 11:46:38 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Grammie - where did you order bulk toothbrushes from??? of course I need adult mostly I think... I increased the size of the design to fit 8x8 hoop and was thinking that I could figure out the fabric that I needed and before placing the last piece of fabric face down I could embroider a name Vertically like for family... do you think that this would work?? I bought some black faux suede to make ith tissue cases it wasn't as thin as the first batch... I also have some denim...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 8
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/18/2018 12:29:24 PM   
Grammie

Shirley...look here:

https://www.smilemakerscanada.com/smilecare-youth-super-grip-toothbrushes.html

Or, you can try the Dollar store - they have sets of 6 adult toothbrushes for $1.50. I think.

Post #: 9
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/19/2018 2:01:10 PM   
Janice

This is such a great project! If anyone finds this design or a similar one, I would really appreciate knowing about it.

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 10
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/19/2018 5:12:19 PM   
Grammie

Janice...I put the source of this design at the end of your "Frozen" thread...

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 11
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/19/2018 7:22:52 PM   
Janice

Thanks for the link, Grammie. I went to the site and cannot find the toothbrush roll up in any of the 1505 designs. So I've dropped a note to Karen, the owner, in hopes that she can help me locate this file. I really appreciate your help. These would be perfect for my Operation Christmas Child boxes.

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 12
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/19/2018 7:55:41 PM   
sewingforsarah

I'm so glad y'all are enjoying the toothbrush roll freebie. Thousands have been made over the years to support a number of awesome causes! The free design can still be found in my facebook group. :)

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 13
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/24/2018 9:22:14 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

So nice of Karen to drop in.... at one tine there was also a pencil roll up... and we made those with colour pencils - which of course was preferable than the crayon roll up freebie for non local charities like the shoebox Christmas Child that delivers to countries that those crayons would all be melted together.. maybe those are also on her facebook page - I enlarged the toothbrush roll up and am going to see if a razor/comb tooth brush and tooth paste would fit and for women perhaps a emery board the pretty ones with sponge center... I filled the 8x8 hoop so will see how that works.

(in reply to sewingforsarah)
Post #: 14
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/24/2018 4:20:24 PM   
Pat C.

I found it on the SewingforSarah website and it's still a freebie. Tried to send a link, but couldn't get it to work. Really cute idea, Grammie.

Post #: 15
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/25/2018 5:32:25 AM   
aussie

I know I am dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to some of this stuff, but I cannot for the life of me find that freebie. I have been all over and one click said "nothing was here". I went to the Etsy store, no can find. Been to FB and that is so confusing, I think I am allergic to FB. I avoid that stuff for sure. Not sure if it is anything I can use, but would love to see the pattern just incase I can teach my little sewing class a new project. They are 5th graders and I am hopping around to find projects to keep them interested.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 16
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/25/2018 7:11:46 AM   
Grammie

Carol...if you send Karen a PM I'll bet she can direct you. She's a delight to work with and approves of teaching kids to sew!

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 17
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/25/2018 4:41:35 PM   
Janice

Carol, I too had a tough time finding it. But joining her facebook page got me in to see a world of fabulous free designs, even design sets. For teaching children, this toothbrush roll up would be a great project. Don't give up! There is just too much good stuff on this site for you to miss out. Oh, there are tons of seasonal in-the-hoop coasters, quick and easy, nice gifts. On another note, have you tried the teepee bags? I taught children for years and that was their first project, finished in the first class. Tutorial is here on my blog.

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 18
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/26/2018 4:43:14 AM   
aussie

The teepee bag is really a nice item. I am sure that would be of interest to those girls. Sometimes the simplest things are the best. The one mother of a girl got a new embroidery machine for Christmas. Still in the box, going for classes. Oh my gosh, you would think they hit the lottery. The excitement that machine has created within that group. You just have to love the enthusiasm.

Will look back at that FB page but my patience is getting thin. And I bet that roll up is done on an embroidery machine so that eliminates that project.

Thank you so much for your help.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 19
RE: Toothbrush Roll-up - 1/26/2018 8:03:18 AM   
Grammie

Hi Carol...Yes, this particular roll-up is done on an embroidery machine - BUT...it would be easy to draft one (no pattern needed, just blocks of fabric) to stitch with a basic sewing machine. It is all straight stitches!

The ones I am making require 2 pieces of fabric 6 1/2 X 8 1/2 and one piece 6 1/2 X 10 plus 24 inches of narrow ribbon for the tie.

One piece of the smaller fabric is the lining, one is the back. The larger piece is folded in half to make the pockets (61/2 X 5 when folded). Just stitch a straight line across the width of the lining piece (right side of fabric up) to mark where the pockets will go. Then add the pocket piece on top, at the line, folded edge at that line. Stitch it down the sides and make 2 or 3 pockets by stitching through all layers up to the top of that folded piece. Add the ribbon at one side about at the top of the pocket (fold ribbon in half and stitch it right at the side seamline. Now, tape that ribbon so it won't get caught in the side seams and add the backing piece, right side down on top of everything. Stitch the side seams, all around, leaving an opening for turning. Trim seams & corners, turn right side out and close the opening with topstitching or hand stitching. Lots of practice sewing straight seams here - as well as learning to hand-stitch an opening closed. Should be easy for the girls - especially if you pre-cut the fabric pieces. I used up some scraps from other projects on my sample. Let us know how it goes!

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Toothbrush Roll-up Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy