Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

OT ~ Problem ordering from site

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT ~ Problem ordering from site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 9:00:20 AM   
shanedel

Hi! It's been a long time since I've posted ~ health issues and work and have just kept me away.

I wanted to give a heads up about a company I have an issue with. I am not trying to shame them, just share an experience. I ordered 10 yards of swiss beading from Heirloom Sewing for Children in October. My card was immediately charged for $65. When I did not receive it in about 3 weeks - and I needed it badly - I started writing and calling them, no answer. I had to reorder from someone else, so started trying to cancel the order. I even sent a certified letter to the listed address, it was returned "no such address". I have started writing them daily from their "Contact Us" link. They have not responded to me in any way. Guess I am out $65. Needless to say, not very happy with them.

Shane (formerly sc)
Post #: 1
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 9:25:40 AM   
JudyPNW

That is frustrating and wrong.

Have you let your credit card company know?
In the past I have similar things happen and my credit card company dealt with it to my benefit.

(in reply to shanedel)
Post #: 2
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 9:43:01 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Thanks for the heads up... I ordered an expensive iron from ebay - I already own one identical... got bid accepted paid and since then emails telling me to pay - sent proof of payment to seller... she explained that her agent sends her notice of payment then she ships - shortly after I got email notice that a non payment file had been opened.... so this morning I tore a strip off her and told her to get her stuff together and find a better system that next time I get email it better be tracking for shipment... some people... for sure contact credit card and reverse the charge.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to JudyPNW)
Post #: 3
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 1:31:25 PM   
Penny Hal

I had this happen with a company that I bought napkin blanks from. I bought 6 dozen and never was able to contact them no matter how hard I tried. I was very upset.

Penny

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 4
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 1:41:40 PM   
DDinDFW

Good to see you here, Shane! Hope your health issues are behind you, and we see you more often. Hate it when the above mentioned companies don't hold up their end of the deal.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 5
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 3:14:20 PM   
Fancy Stitches

How wonderful to see you post, Shane. You have been missed!! Hope the health issues are behind you and we will "see" you often. Miss hearing about the wee ones...Layla must be going on 3!! Thanks for the heads up on the Heirloom Sewing site...they should be ashamed. Your experience will benefit the rest of us and help avoid similar problems. Come back often!!!

Barbara

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 6
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 5:07:45 PM   
SewLynn

If you used a credit card, you can dispute the charge - and you can probably find out how on their website. I have never ended up paying for something that was not received.

Thanks for the 'heads up'!!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 7
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/28/2018 7:37:58 PM   
caaguirre

I agree, report it to your credit card company. Glad you're feeling better and good to see you back.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 8
RE: OT ~ Problem ordering from site - 1/29/2018 10:39:51 AM   
shanedel

What a nice welcome back! It has been months but I will try my credit card company. Should have done it earlier but kept thinking it would be coming any day. Bad sign when they do not respond! Thank you everyone for your help.

What a great memory you have Barbara ~ Layla was 4 in October and Max is not 2. Working on some cute Valentine goodies for them now that I am feeling much better. It's hell getting old, but it sure beats not getting old. This too shall pass!!!

Shane (formerly sc)

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT ~ Problem ordering from site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy