Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux pi... - 2/2/2018 2:13:25 AM   
sdotson

I remember years ago watching one of Martha's Sewing room shows about using yarn or small cording in the fold so you could use a piping foot to neatly make it look like piping when you machine stitched the completed binding.
I've been searching the store for the class and can't find it.

Does anyone know which show or video it was included in?

Thanks, Suzanne
Post #: 1
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/2/2018 8:56:57 PM   
caaguirre

There are lots of videos on YouTube, some use a flange as faux piping, some use real piping but the technique is the same. Google "piping in quilt binding" to see what's available. Good luck!

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to sdotson)
Post #: 2
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/3/2018 11:50:33 AM   
sdotson

Thank you so much. I will check it out

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/7/2018 10:20:30 PM   
sdotson

W
Have watched so many YouTube videos... still Martha's method not found. Think I'll be checking out the library looking thru binding books. Hopefully I can find her method.
Anyone have a favorite binding method book?
Thanks Suzanne

(in reply to sdotson)
Post #: 4
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/13/2018 2:28:12 PM   
Linda S.

I just did a google search using the key words 'faux piping quilt binding' and quite a few
hits came up. I'm not sure which one you're looking for, but maybe you would recognize
it if you did this search?

Also, do the search under youtube videos. There are tons of great ones on sewing and
everything else one might need to know. I can't figure out why people make all these
videos, but am sure glad they do!!! My husband just repaired my old Janome 8000 using
you tube videos....it's amazing! Best of luck to you!

(in reply to sdotson)
Post #: 5
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/13/2018 7:53:28 PM   
sdotson

Thanks Linda, that was one of the searches I tried. Watched all those videos and more. I was surprised at all the different hints and tips. The one I liked best for regular machine binding was Clare Rowley's
https://youtu.be/BFHbIvwXr1s
Lots of great hint & tips
Thanks, Suzanne

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 6
RE: Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with fau... - 2/13/2018 9:53:15 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you so much for the link to Clare Rowley's video, I used to enjoy seeing her at various local sewing shows, bought the Creative Feet and a wonderful thread stand from her too. Did you notice her machine? She always had the most beautiful custom painted machines for her demonstrations and I see she is still carrying on that tradition. Her video contained some information that I hadn't seen before and some of those techniques I'll use the next time I bind anything.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to sdotson)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Martha's Sewing room quilt machine binding with faux piping Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy