Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Prayers for career guidance.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for career guidance. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Prayers for career guidance. - 2/7/2018 8:12:31 PM   
DDinDFW

I have been unhappy at one of the dental offices were I work for over a year. I've been praying for guidance for several weeks now. Something happened at work today that I cannot get past. Guidance I got. Now I need to figure out where the new path is leading me. Please pray for me to understand the guidance I have received and where it leads me. Thanks, ladies.

Dana, mom of two young men
Post #: 1
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/7/2018 10:11:15 PM   
caaguirre

Count me in, l'll be praying for clear directions for your work future.

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 2
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/8/2018 11:13:14 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Thus far it is leading you out that door..... my friend in Chicago said one of the East Indian Priests at her church didn't have a car.... of course he could not drive.... he learned how to drive and God provided the car.... one of the parishioners had an unused vehicle to give him... sometimes we have to take the first step... praying for you to feel the spirit leading you to what is next.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/8/2018 11:37:14 AM   
Chris Lyon

Lots of quiet time and prayer are what helps me most at times like this. Between children, work, and just plain old grief, quiet time and prayer are hard to come by, but they will reward you with peace and clarity. Praying, dear sister, that your path becomes clear soon.

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 4
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/8/2018 8:33:39 PM   
DDinDFW

Thank you so much, ladies. I have talked to a few friends about my situation and a few possibilities are out there, even if only temporarily. Keep up the praying, I know it will work.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 5
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/9/2018 7:21:39 AM   
Joanne

Be assured, something will come up for you. I took early retirement from a job I hated because they offered a golden handshake package (included health insurance). While I was home regrouping I started baking all those cookie recipes I meant to try and never had the time to do. Gave them to my son to bring to work so I wouldn't eat them all. LOL. Best thing I ever did. Turned out to be a job opportunity and I took it. Baked cookies for this company for 20 years, before retiring again at age 77. Loved almost every minute of it until one January I woke up and said this is not fun anymore and set my retirement date for the last cookie delivery on my 77th birthday! What a blast it was.

Joanne

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 6
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/9/2018 11:57:47 AM   
DDinDFW

Create a job - good for you Joanne! I love the other office where I work and when I told that boss I was looking for more work, he said he'd love to have me full time and would work hard on that. Right now there just isn't a need, but there are possibilities in the future. I have worked for him off and on for 18 years. Not a perfect person - are any of us? - but he's honest and caring. I feel relieved to not go back to that office. Keep up the prayers, please. Like I mentioned in the Retirement post, I would love to do that, but it's not in the cards/bank account, yet. Just a few more years and I can do it.

(in reply to Joanne)
Post #: 7
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/9/2018 5:28:50 PM   
LindaTX

Praying that the Lord guides you to the correct opportunity.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 8
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/12/2018 10:50:03 AM   
NormaK

May the Lord grant you clear guidance, discernment and wisdom.

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 9
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/12/2018 11:20:01 AM   
DDinDFW

Gosh your prayers work fast!

A job I left 2 years ago heard of my situation and has said I can come back there. It's not my perfect job, but we get along well, the hours are good, they understand I'm a single parent and what that entails, and I can work a few more days as they come available. I really just want to work 2 days there, along with the day at my favorite place, and then fill in when I can. It's like going home. Comfortable.

I feel so relaxed to not be going back to the job I just left. The stress weighed on me and I was exhausted when I got home each day. Looking forward to warmer weather and evenings where I have time/energy to get some projects done. I so appreciate the prayers and continue to need them.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 10
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/12/2018 3:58:26 PM   
caaguirre

So glad that God resolved this quickly. Thanks for the opportunity to pray about this for you.

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 11
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/12/2018 10:53:12 PM   
Linda S.

Dana,

I'm glad to know God has heard your prayer and you've found a peaceful place
to work now. I was a dental assistant for most of my working life, and know that
dental offices can be a hard place to work when all's not well. Offices are relatively
small, and it's not always easy to work so close to someone all day long. I was a
chairside assistant, and tried working for several dentists who just weren't very
good at what they did. My conscience couldn't handle it. At another office, the
ladies were mean...and in a small office that's very difficult too.

I hope you enjoy your new job. There's great comfort in knowing we have a
loving God who cares about us, and will be there when we need Him : ).

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 12
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/12/2018 11:24:23 PM   
NormaK

Thanks be to God for a speedy answer to prayer! It does sound like the Lord has brought about a very "comfortable" situation for you, and I am very glad!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 13
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/13/2018 7:09:52 AM   
KarenVA

What would we do without our Prayer Warriors??!! I'm so happy for you, Dana!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 14
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/13/2018 8:38:58 AM   
DDinDFW

Linda S, the office I just left was the "meanest" office I've ever seen, and in 30+ years, I thought I had seen mean. Nope, that one takes the cake. I'm not sure what it is about dentists/dental offices, because I'm not sure that small medical offices have the same issue, but there is definitely something about dental offices that make them either a good or bad fit. I have my fav office one day a week, and the one where I'm returning will make it easy for me - understanding when I have to attend a school registration, etc. I only have 6ish years to work before retirement. I can do it!

Thanks again, ladies. So nice to have so many kind women praying for the best for me and my sons.

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 15
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/13/2018 12:51:04 PM   
Chris Lyon

Thanks be to God!

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 16
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/13/2018 1:57:32 PM   
Linda S.

Dana, I don't know what's up with dental offices either. I tried to work part time at a big
practice a few years ago, and for absolutely no reason I could figure out, a group of the other
girls there were so mean to me...I left work crying every day. They tried to make me look
stupid, and blamed me for mistakes I didn't make. I was older than them, had a lot of
experience, but never once said a bad thing about anyone there. To this day, I look back
and wonder what on earth happened there. It was like being in grade school again, where
a group of mean girls ganged up on the new kid....or that's how I felt.

Dental work is a little different than some places offering a service, because the quality of
our work affects people's health. It's hard to work with a dentist who is not doing good
work, and the patient might never know....but we do. That's why I left a couple of jobs
over the years. But I never, ever, experienced mean people like I ran into at that one
practice.

I hope you'll be able to heal completely from this ordeal, and take comfort in knowing
you are not like those other, mean people. Thank the Lord for that too. God bless.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 17
RE: Prayers for career guidance. - 2/13/2018 4:18:22 PM   
DDinDFW

Linda S, we must have worked at the same office. They never got me to cry, but they picked on certain people and made it miserable for them - and I wasn't the one they picked on most. Over the years all the other offices tried to smooth over the issues/mistakes people made, but these people tattled about things that could be remedied easily. I just don't get making mountains over mole hills. Glad to be gone!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for career guidance. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy