Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

The Corfu Trilogy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> The Corfu Trilogy Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Corfu Trilogy - 2/21/2018 5:54:16 PM   

I enjoyed both seasons of the PBS series "The Durrells in Corfu" so decided to read the books the series is based upon. It turns out the 3 books written by Gerald Durrell have been combined into a trilogy so it's one big book instead of 3 smaller ones. This was the most enjoyable read I've had in a long, long time. Gerald was the youngest son of a widow who moved her family from England to the Greek island of Corfu a few years before WWII. He was very interested in animals and insects from an early age so the stories are of animals as well as his entertaining family and friends. The humor is dry but laugh out loud funny, and as usual, the book is 1000 times better than the tv series. His writing style is almost poetic in some of his descriptions and the animal and insect details are are really interesting whether you like animals or not. I was sorry this book came to an end but I know I'll be re-reading it again and again.

Happy Sewing, Carol
Post #: 1
RE: The Corfu Trilogy - 2/21/2018 9:17:16 PM   
Linda S.

Carol, This sounds so interesting! I've been wishing I could find a new book to read and one of those
"can't put it down" kind. I'm going to see if I can find it on ebay....thank you for sharing!

I've recently re-read 'Fresh Wind...Fresh Fire' by Jim Cymbala. And then I read it again. It's the amazing
true story of how God worked through Jim, accomplishing amazing things through the power of prayer.
I was so impressed by his books, that I found one of his I haven't read called 'You Were Made For More'.
It's another winner, and I feel sure God directed me to it for just this place in time...because I've been
praying for this very encouragement, offered in the book : )

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Favorite Books >> The Corfu Trilogy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote