Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Women's Construction >> Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 2/27/2018 8:02:16 AM   
KarenVA

Here are the links to watch the Sewing with Nancy videos about Pamela's Patterns Perfect T-shirt

https://wpt.org/SewingWithNancy/Video/sew-perfect-t-shirt-part-one

https://wpt.org/SewingWithNancy/Video/sew-perfect-t-shirt-part-two

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 1
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 2/27/2018 9:34:06 AM   
Bonita

Karen, This would be a great year to come to Nancy's Sewing Weekend as Pam Leggett will be presenting. She is such a wealth of information.
Go to nancysnotions.com/sewing weekend and check it out.

Bonita from Southwest WI

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 2
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 2/28/2018 7:43:11 AM   
KarenVA

Thanks, Bonita!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 3
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 3/6/2018 9:22:26 PM   
Linda S.

Thanks for the links! Would you believe I was just about to go looking for these? What a coincidence.

Have you made a T-shirt with this pattern yet? And may I ask where you find your knit fabric?

Since I have a bit of a knit phobia, I've not sewn with a lot of knits and have never bought the good
stuff Nancy talks about. Maybe it will be helpful to use a knit that's easier to work with. I've watched
these shows at least once, and want to refresh my memory before giving this pattern a try.

< Message edited by Linda S. -- 3/6/2018 9:28:43 PM >

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 4
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 5/21/2018 9:40:44 PM   
NormaK

Thank you!

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 5
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 5/21/2018 10:42:48 PM   
caaguirre

It's been a long time for me since sewing knits too. Besides the knits offered at Nancy's Notions, what recommendations do you have for a good knit to start with?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 6
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 5/22/2018 2:12:45 PM   
Linda S.

Carol, I was wondering the same thing about the good knits, and also where to purchase them.
I see nancy's notions offers some from her store. She also carries Pamela's pattern which is a
bit pricey. I may break down and purchase it at some point in time.

In one of those videos, she does talk about the different kinds....their names, and how to recognize
a quality knit for t-shirts. Problem is, I only have access to Joanne and Hobby Lobby....not our sterling
fabric stores. And I'm hesitant to order them online, since I'm not familiar with the brands.

And dog gone it. The Sewing Weekend is over and I missed it. Beaver Dam, Wisc. isn't that far
from me (about a 4 hr drive). Doable enough. Maybe next year.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 7
RE: Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos - 5/24/2018 8:51:15 AM   
KarenVA

Sorry I missed your questions about the knit fabric--our youngest DD just gave us a beautiful new grandson and we've been preoccupied!! LOL

I tested the pattern with inexpensive knit on sale from Joann Fabrics. Pamela suggests using good quality knit fabric including cotton, polyester, rayon, lycra/spandex, stretch lace, stretch velvet, and light weight fleece. So my first top was a polyester thicker knit--it worked beautifully. The second one I used lycra/spandex and that worked great, too!! The third one was cotton knit and the fourth one was rayon knit--perfect, too!! Now I feel more confident in buying more expensive good quality knits from Nancy's Notions!

This is a photo of the cotton knit--I stink at selfies, but you get the idea!

Attachment (1)

KarenVA

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Women's Construction >> Sewing with Nancy T-shirt videos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy