From: Central NY
Thank you Carol. I do like VFT patterns, but ... there are some drawbacks too.
- Many people have problems getting their printers to print out the patterns in the correct size.
- IMO, the sleeves cut on the fold don't fit the body as well as sleeves that are cut with more fullness in the back.
- The fullness of the skirts are sometimes excessive - I've learned to eliminate some of the fullness.
- The terminology used in the instructions are not what most of us are accustomed to and can be confusing.
(Example - "right sides touching" gave me pause with my first pattern = "right sides together" is what I expected, and similar phrases.)
- Limited QC has been done when patterns are first released.
- If they offered more tissue patterns for sale, I would buy those! Printing and taping makes me nuts and it doesn't save money, At. All.
- the copious illustrations and photos make it easy to understand the construction.
- Directions can be followed on one's computer without having to print those pages out.
- Frequent seasonal sales.
- Online video tutorials.
Member since 2001.