Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Can you tell me the difference between jacquard and brocade

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Patterns, Fabrics & Notions >> Can you tell me the difference between jacquard and brocade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you tell me the difference between jacquard and bro... - 4/3/2018 7:54:41 PM   
Tofit

I was looking at the different silk fabrics that could be used for bedding and clothing and I'm trying to find out the difference between the two. I know brocade is where they weave patterns into the fabric that's my basic understanding. I'm going to have to look this up really quick, let me see. Jacquard - an apparatus with perforated cards, fitted to a loom to facilitate the weaving of figured and brocaded fabrics. A fabric made on a loom fitted with a jacquard, with an intricate variegated pattern.
If it's jacquard does that mean it's also brocade?
Post #: 1
RE: Can you tell me the difference between jacquard and... - 4/7/2018 7:57:55 PM   
Fancy Stitches

I just received my current issue of Vogue patterns magazine (April/May 2018, page 63-67.) There is an article about this topic that may answer your questions. It discusses jacquards, brocades, damask, tapestry, brocatelle and metalasse. One quote: "...while all brocades are jacquards, not all jacquards are brocades." Perhaps you could glance at the article on your next visit to your local fabric store and decide if it has the information you want before you purchase the magazine. HTH

Barbara

(in reply to Tofit)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Patterns, Fabrics & Notions >> Can you tell me the difference between jacquard and brocade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy