Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Martha Pullen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Martha Pullen Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 4:22:07 PM   
JR

Martha Pullen posted on Facebook that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Don't know anymore details.

JR
Post #: 1
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 4:25:29 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

OH NO when does it end first her grand daughter then she lost her beloved JOE and now this... Prayers for you dear Martha and your burden that you are now carrying.... praying for the best results.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 2
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 4:57:51 PM   
JR

This is here post from this morning:

Martha Campbell Pullen shared a photo.
9 hrs ·
Ok prayer warriors I need you. I have breast cancer. I had a needle biopsy yesterday. Today at 1:45 I find out what kind, etc. My sister Mary and I are flying to NYC tomorrow to go to Sloan Kettering which is the best breast cancer research hospital in the world. I am not afraid and I know totally that God has this!!! I will keep you informed about specifics. My prayer request now is that I get an appointment as soon as possible with Sloan Kettering. First they have to evaluate. Then appointment. It might be Thursday or Friday or early next week. Of course, I will request aggressive treatment to hopefully knock this cancer out. I am hanging onto God , my family and all of you—my Facebook family. Scriptures I am reading over and over are: Ephesians 3:20 “ Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” and Isaiah 52:12 “You will not leave in a hurry, running for your lives. For the Lord will go ahead of you; yes the God of Israel will protect you from behind.” and Daniel 3:17 “…our God whom we serve is able..and he will. As you know I have written in my book G.R.A.C.E. about business being one Red Sea after another——well this is certainly a Red Sea and I cannot wait to see how God is going to once again open it. I have total peace. The peace that passes all understanding which Jesus, Himself, is giving me. As Joe used to say “onward and upward” and God and I are marching to the same drummer. God knows I am looking upward just waiting to see the plans He has for me. I love all of you so much and now I need prayers for me and my family.

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 3
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 4:59:05 PM   
JR

Yes, it was her grand daughter Cecil that was sick. She seems to be doing great and is enrolled in college in New York!!

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 4
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 5:32:46 PM   
caaguirre

I hate cancer. Martha will be in my prayers and I'll be checking her Facebook page more often to keep up with her posts. Thanks for letting us know.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 5
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 5:44:22 PM   
SewLynn

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 5:47:58 PM   
mizzlilly

Hoping for the best for Martha. Very difficult when you hear those words from your doctor.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 7
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 6:13:13 PM   
MoDo

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 8
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 6:50:36 PM   
JR

This was her latest post on fb:

Martha Campbell Pullen
1 hr ·
I am totally overwhelmed at your love and prayers.Your prayers have made me feel somewhat like I was walking on a pillow. That might seem strange but God has been holding me completely. NOW good news, I think! Cancer is Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. Two tumors-right breast--one larger than a cherry tomato and one larger than an English pea. All of the extensive intricate tests were really good. Nothing awful. Well cancer is awful but results were very positive as cancer goes!! You know what I mean!
Mary and I go to New York City tomorrow. I just got a call from MSK telling me I have an appointment with a surgeon Friday morning!! She is University of Texas, Mt. Sinai and M.D. Anderson trained!! Well published and totally beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her. My guess is that she is a Texas native. I LOVE THAT. I'll let you know for sure. I feel so confident about everything. I have no idea what kind of surgery but I will let you know. I went to Belk's this afternoon to purchase some soft button up the front blouses. Got them "buy one get two free!!" I will only be wearing them right after surgery I assure you.
Your prayers are lifting me up more than I can ever tell you!! God is answering them! Joanna, Suzanne and Sherry Ann were with me for the "report." What joy that there was no horrid-you are going to die- news! I am ready to get started on this journey and you are my partners. I thank you and Joe thanks you since he cannot be here in person to take care of me. How can I tell you how much I love and appreciate you?
I have to add something cute my sister/cousin Ann Kennemer just sent to me. This is "great horrible news." Well stated.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 9
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 6:55:09 PM   
Grammie

Prayers and all good thoughts go out to our dear Martha...may she continue to get good news and be treated quickly so she can heal and be free from the stress and worry of that Cancer diagnosis. Her faith will hold her high.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 14)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 10
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/24/2018 10:50:51 PM   
Fancy Stitches

This is such scary news. I'm thinking good thoughts and sending prayers...and much love.

Barbara

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 11
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/25/2018 6:22:35 PM   
DDinDFW

Prayers for Martha.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 12
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/25/2018 9:11:12 PM   
Linda S.

I'll be remembering our dear Martha in my prayers, asking God to hold our dear friend
close during this scary time. So glad to hear it isn't the worst news, but then as Martha
said Cancer itself isn't good.

Her faith is so inspiring, and at least we know she has the Lord walking her through this.
Sometimes I wonder how people ever manage without him.

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 13
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/26/2018 8:05:48 AM   
KarenVA

I hate cancer!! What awful news to get! I'm praying for Miss Martha, too.

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 14
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/28/2018 5:57:09 PM   
sewsusan

I was just thinking about Martha Pullen a few days ago......now I know why. Many, many prayers sent for Martha! So wonderful to hear the "good news" Please keep us posted on this wonderful woman. We are all here for you, Martha

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 15
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/29/2018 1:04:13 PM   
Penny Hal

What a frightening diagnosis. I'm glad she's going to the best place for care. Prayers for her.

Penny

(in reply to sewsusan)
Post #: 16
RE: Martha Pullen - 4/30/2018 9:01:52 AM   
NormaK

Praying!

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 17
RE: Martha Pullen - 5/4/2018 3:04:55 PM   
GinnyUn

Prayers for Martha...know you are in God's hands, always.

N2Sewin

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 18
RE: Martha Pullen - 5/10/2018 10:04:03 AM   
kmroy

Does anyone have any news on how Martha is doing? I don't do Face Book so I don't see those posts.

Love and continued prayers for Martha.

Thanks,
Kathy

(in reply to GinnyUn)
Post #: 19
RE: Martha Pullen - 5/10/2018 11:05:14 AM   
ssstitches

Hi
I just saw this and it must have been posted yesterday on FB by Martha Pullen

The seeds are placed! The radioactive fluid has been placed. I am the proud owner of a card which would tell any police person if I get stopped that I got my radioactive treatment at Sloan Kettering! Seeds placed during a 30 minute mamogram!!!! Yes at least 30 minutes but it did not really hurt. I promise. Adorable radiologists and tech lady. The main breast radiologist is beautiful blonde woman about 45,I would guess, who talked about the clothes at the Met gala a few days ago. There was a second computer in the room and in between their pictures she pulled up her least favorite dresses and her most favorite for me to look at!! Adorable. Then on to another building for nuclear medicine. Totally a pleasant day believe it or not!!! I love Sloan Kettering. At 6 am we go to yet another hospital where my beautiful young surgeon from Oklahoma originally will operate. Then no more cancer. Later I will have 30 days of radiation. Then this is history!
89 Comments4 Shares

(in reply to kmroy)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Martha Pullen Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy