Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored batiste

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Patterns, Fabrics & Notions >> De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored batiste Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored batiste - 5/22/2018 2:29:41 PM   
Linda S.

I notice several here are cleaning out their sewing rooms and fabric stashes, and wonder what
you do with small scraps of batiste? Do you toss them?

I'm currently making hankies out of voile and batiste, and would like to do some madeira applique
shapes by hand (leaves, flowers, etc....tiny things) in colors. But I don't want to have to purchase
yardage for fine batiste or voile in colors, just to have enough to make a few teeny-tiny leaves or flowers.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy (thrilled!) to purchase the scraps you're throwing out.
Thanks in advance for anyone interested : ).
Post #: 1
RE: De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored b... - 5/22/2018 7:54:05 PM   
gillie

Linda, send me your address through PM and I will put some pieces in the mail for you. Do you want all plain or can it have little flowers?

Gillie

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 2
RE: De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored b... - 5/22/2018 11:26:27 PM   
SewLynn

Linda - send me your address as well.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 3
RE: De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored b... - 5/25/2018 9:08:29 AM   
Linda S.

Thank you girls! I'd love your little scraps, but please don't send me anything big enough that
you might use it. I posted this thinking about ones I tossed in the past, because they were too
small to make anything with. Now I wish I hadn't.

I had plain colors in mind, but come to think of it a dainty print would be very pretty too. I'll
send a PM. And thanks again!

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 4
RE: De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored b... - 5/25/2018 12:01:03 PM   
SewLynn

I have strips of Imperial Batiste left from making a couple of VFT's Mae Pettiskirts. It's yours. (Your message received.)

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Patterns, Fabrics & Notions >> De-cluttering? Looking for small bits of colored batiste Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy