Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 5:20:10 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I decided to spend the day embroidering - well it has been a while and even my steam generator iron spit black... lack of use.. so had to wash the
crochet edged towel before I could starch and embroider it and then did 2 more - I friend who just bought a new house and moved in April 1st has a grey
and white theme grey walls white cabinets so I did her a harlequin dishcloth and a striped grey and white - could not think what to put on the towel decided on
monochromatic EL design of hummingbird and look at how little grey Janome thread was left

Attachment (1)

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine
Post #: 1
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 5:20:52 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

look at the remnant of thread

Attachment (1)

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 2
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 6:06:00 PM   
KarenVA

Well done, Shirley!! I love the design!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 3
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 6:10:52 PM   
caaguirre

Talk about getting down to the wire, my gosh I'm amazed you made it through the design. A beautiful towel and you always pick such classy embroidery to decorate your projects. I like to sit in the backyard and watch the hummingbirds feast on the butterfly bush next door and on my fuschias when they are in bloom, such charming little creatures.

Happy Sewing, Carol

Post #: 4
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 8:50:46 PM   
SewLynn

Wow!!! Lovely towel and design, and amazed at how close you came with the thread.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 10:17:27 PM   
MoDo

That is truly lovely, Shirley! And, great planning to end up with just the right amount of thread .

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/26/2018 10:23:53 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I pray when I do embroidery and the prayers got more fervent when I saw the while spool showing when I was finished my mouth was so dry... this has happened to me twice but never that little thread left last month there was a few yards of yarn when I finished a sweater.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 7
RE: Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths - 5/27/2018 12:29:01 PM   
Penny Hal

Oh my! That was a close call! I got down to the last yards of thread on a spool on a design I worked on yesterday...I sat there praying that there was enough thread. I love those classic designs from EL and it was a perfect design for her new house. It makes a towel look so elegant!

Penny

Post #: 8
Looking for an embroidery machine - 5/27/2018 1:00:21 PM   
peg806

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase another embroidery machine. I have a Barudan 15 needle but it's just too much machine for me. I was wondering if any of you would post what machines you have and what you like about them. I have a Babylock dealer near me & would think to go that route. I want as large a sewing area as possible. Not sure if I want a single needle or maybe a 10 needle (or so) compact.
Thanks for any feedback.
Peg
Beaufort, NC

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking for an embroidery machine - 5/27/2018 1:35:55 PM   
DeeQuilts

LOVE the towel (and the designs is perfect). I have such a hard time finding good quality hand towels without spending an arm & leg for them. Dee

(in reply to peg806)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking for an embroidery machine - 5/27/2018 1:56:12 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Walmart off the peg 2pack I think for $6 or $7 Cdn so check your Walmart... the grey came from there the other day and I did a green one also WM with a colourful hummingbird... so they have a few colours... the green one was ivory with green striped band.

(in reply to DeeQuilts)
Post #: 11
RE: Looking for an embroidery machine - 5/29/2018 11:58:27 AM   
DeeQuilts

Thanks Shirley, I'll have to check our Walmart. Dee

Post #: 12
RE: Looking for an embroidery machine - 5/29/2018 2:49:51 PM   
Penny Hal

Hi Peg!

You may get more response if you start your topic as a new thread.

I have an old Bernina 180 that I love. It's a real workhorse. I actually bought the Bernina 580 about 1 1/2 years ago. It had so many screens to go through that I just hated i,t and I could never get the needle threader to work reliably. But, it had a great stitch! Others, just love this machine. The 700's and 800's are too much machine for me, too big, too heavy, too many things that I'd never do.

I traded it in for a Bablylock Journey. Had horrific bobbin problems with it. 50% of the time I had it, it was in the shop and the problem was never fixed. If I hear the words "user error" again I'll probably scream. Turns out that it is a bobbin issue for those machine and I'm not the only one with that problem. I then I turned it in for the Babylock Destiny2. I love this machine...except it too has bobbin issues but not as bad as that Journey. There are a lot of great machines out there. I love the Babylock because it is so easy to use, the low bobbin sensor actually works, and the thread cutter is great, and it has the only needle threader that is really automatic.
ve a embroidery machine, so you probably know what functions you want. The only reason I got another Babylock is that the shop only carried Bernina and Babylocks and did not refund money.

Penny

(in reply to peg806)
Post #: 13
RE: Looking for an embroidery machine - 6/6/2018 12:05:21 PM   
Belinda

Very pretty!

Belinda in MS

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Did a few towels to go with knitted dishcloths Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy