Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Embroidery Machines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Embroidery Machines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Embroidery Machines - 6/3/2018 3:22:48 PM   
peg806

Hi All,

I'm looking for some feedback . I had a 6 needle SWF for a very long time. Worked fine, last year I had trouble with board (It's about 12 years old). Decided since I always wanted more needles, I got a used 15 needle Barudan. Nice machine - no real problems running it. I'm finding the learning curve too much to work with. I'm not enjoying using it at all. There are 5 menu buttons & each function needs a "path" to do that function. Very confusing & frustrating. Anyway, I'm ready to go back to something simpler. I want as large a sewing field as possible & really don't need the sewing machine part, I have a Janome Memory Craft 6500. Thanks in advance to anyone who cares to share which machine they have & what you like or don't like about your particular machine.
Peg
Post #: 1
RE: Embroidery Machines - 6/3/2018 7:42:04 PM   
Penny Hal

Over the past 2 years I have had 3 new ME machines. I found the Berninas too "technie" to use. Some people love their new machines, some don't. From that experince I'd advise you to test drive any machine you are interested in. Try to use it yourself without the sales person doing a demo for you. I ended up with a Babylock and then upgraded to the Destiny. The biggest and only problem I have with the Babylocks is tension problems. This problem is not unique to me. The Destiny is way more machine than what I need, but that's what I ended up with and I use it every day.

There are a lot of really good machines out there. Make a list of what you "have to have" and stay within your budget. In retrospect, I think that people pick machines for reasons unique to them. What features one machine has may not appeal to all. For me, all the screens I had to flip through in the Bernina drove me crazy. Others thought the machine was easy to use. Take your time with your decision. If you are like most people I know, your machine will be with you for a very long time!

Penny

(in reply to peg806)
Post #: 2
RE: Embroidery Machines - 6/4/2018 9:01:19 AM   
vjm

I have a Babylock Ellsimo and a Bernina 880. Love them both.

Test drive the various machines and make sure your dealer offers lessons.

VJM and her two Westies, Shayla and Chelsea

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 3
RE: Embroidery Machines - 6/4/2018 2:05:54 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I love my Janome 12000 and the matching 500e embroidery only.....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to vjm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Embroidery Machines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote